1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Supplements & getting cut

Discussion in 'Health' started by VanillaGorilla, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jun 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla [OP] Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    East Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 BSP Pre Runner SR5
    Tint. (DONE) Soon to come. 3in Llift (OME) Color matched grill (DONE) BHLM (DONE) Tail tint (DONE) Pro comp rims (8069) End goal: Murdered out truck
    Let me start off by acknowledging the fact that I know there's a gym/workout thread already. However it's not going to be simple to go through every page to find the answer im looking for.

Ok, lets begin. My goal for the next few months is to get back in the gym and get cut and go for definition. Not trying to bulk up and and gain a bunch of water weight this time around with a bunch of supplements that just add mass.

My question is what do some of you do/know about getting cut/cutting weight safely and what supplements would work best for that ultimate goal. Would you suggest just losing the weight first and then lifting and avoiding the muscle milk and supplements like that? I'm trying to figure out what supplement to take since I dont want mass and thats what the majority of the supplements offer nowadays.

By the end of all this id like to be at about 150-160 but a healthier 160 oppose to my out of shape 167.

I'll be waiting for the people to search for this exact thread somewhere and put repost or do your own research.

2. Jun 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethin-12-week-daily-trainer.html

Follow this^^

Diet is huge. Eating high protein meals every 2-3 hours.

Get a good workout plan of weight lifting and cardio. Weight lifting will aid in your fat loss, burns calories.

That link, along with the whole bodybuilding site is great.

As for supps, I'd just do some good quality protein. Maybe a preworkout supp also. Daily vitamin. Fish oil.

Stay in the gym and have a good diet and you'll see results.

3. Jun 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla [OP] Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    East Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 BSP Pre Runner SR5
    Tint. (DONE) Soon to come. 3in Llift (OME) Color matched grill (DONE) BHLM (DONE) Tail tint (DONE) Pro comp rims (8069) End goal: Murdered out truck
    Thanks for the info WD, I'll go over it all later and get ideas as to what I should be doing and what seems to work. By the looks of it people get results out the ass.

4. Jun 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    wolfdog2314

wolfdog2314 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Sport
    Eibach coils. 5100's all around. AAL. WickedFlow
    Just stick with it. It can be very discouraging until you see results. But it can and will happen if u do it right!

5. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    WaGood24

WaGood24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab PreRunner TRD Sport
    Extang Full Tilt tonneau, VX Series Exhaust, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Stainless Nerf Bars, Bilstein 5100s all 4 corners, rear-leaf TSB
    The good news for you is that beginners/people just getting back into it see the greatest results. But as far as your goals, here's my 2 cents:

As said before, protein-rich diet is very beneficial. Per 100 cals consumed of protein it takes the body about 20 just to digest it, compare that to the 4-5 cals for fat and carbs. Also, keep in mind that muscle eats fat. So obviously, building muscle will help your goals but it seems like a cardio intense regimine is what would benefit you the most. I was in the same boat, well still am sorta. I started playing basketball again as much as possible and I started noticing a big difference around my waste. The key is to find some cardio that you enjoy.

Good luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top