1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Survivor's thread

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by TacomaCody, May 26, 2017.

1. May 26, 2017 at 7:59 PM
    TacomaCody

TacomaCody [OP] STOAA VIP Platinum Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma silver SR5 Off Road 4x4
    Body Armor 4x4 front bumper, running boards, cherry bomb vortex, 2" supreme suspension wheel spacers, Pro comp rock crawler wheels, 2017 off road full suspension, leer camper shell
    Thought I'd see if anyone else on here has gone through cancer or really any disease, shit sucks and sometimes it's nice to know you're not alone. THIS IS NOT A CONTEST ON WHO'S HAD IT WORSE. Friendly comments, advise, and support are all welcome!
    I'm Cody and I'm an aml leukemia survivor, I'm four years in remission but still deal with shit daily, I'm also very much a Tacomaholic!

2. Jun 21, 2017 at 3:53 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    My brother died of Leuemia. We have had no other relatives with any cancer at all and surprised he got it and took him out pretty quick and he was pretty healthy up and till he got it. Hope you don't have any more relapses Cody

3. Jun 21, 2017 at 4:20 PM
    TRD493

TRD493 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Texas (DFW)
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 / 01 4x4 V6 Extra Cab TRD SR5
    That's awesome you're in remission! My mother-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 3mos ago, it's spread to her liver and bones and chemo isn't helping. We have no idea how long we have with her so we're trying to make the most of every day. She's never smoked, worked in a factory etc so it was a total shock to us. My mother passed from lung cancer 10yrs ago but she smoked all her life so we weren't as surprised when we learned she had cancer.

4. Jun 22, 2017 at 7:35 AM
    TacomaCody

TacomaCody [OP] STOAA VIP Platinum Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma silver SR5 Off Road 4x4
    Body Armor 4x4 front bumper, running boards, cherry bomb vortex, 2" supreme suspension wheel spacers, Pro comp rock crawler wheels, 2017 off road full suspension, leer camper shell
    I'm sorry that your family has to deal with that! I was a high school starting linebacker when I was diagnosed, never smoked a day in my life never even took ibuprofen, all my buddies smoked and I was the one who got cancer, total surprise! Fuck cancer!

To Top