1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension/Lift - not TOO cheap

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by GroundControl, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Sep 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    GroundControl

GroundControl [OP] Member

Member:
    OK, so I searched and didn't find ideas in other threads. Sorry if this has been brought up before.

I have a 01 Tacoma 4x4 single cab, reg bed. Basic 4x4. 2.7Ltr, 5-speed. I bought it new and recently decided to take it offroad some on weekends with my local, fellow offroaders. I added a set of 265/75R16 MT's and removed my sway bar.

[​IMG]

After visiting a couple offroad parks and riding local trails, I'm still looking for more articulation. Can I get some advice on lift kits, suspension lift kits, leveling kits, etc I could buy and get more flex in the ruts and inclines? I would like to keep it under $1000 for parts. I work in an auto dealership and the labor would be zero cost to me. Maybe buy lunch for a couple of the techs in our shop. I hope to be able to maneuver a few deep ruts and washouts by Winter. I'm not much into mudslinging. Mostly crawling, hills, forest trails, dirt trails, that sort.

[​IMG]

Also, it's my dd. Around 10 miles/day round trip @ around 65mph zones. Need to stay road safe too.

Dale

2. Sep 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    Mr. Biscuits

Mr. Biscuits gentleman and a scholar

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennen
    Eugene, OR
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner TRD V6
    - OME suspension - Custom front/rear tube bumpers - 33x12.5r15 BFG KOs - Deckplate mod + AFE reusable filter - Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, chopped before leaf spring - Toyota Horns emblem by Diaz Fabrication - Pioneer stereo and new speakers + 10" sub - camper shell
    You must not have looked hard enough this site is a gold mine of information on many things but lifts above all. You even posted in the correct "suspension" section so you know where to look.

Lifts are very subjective and there are so many choices that it depends on you. Ride height desired, driving style, type of off roading you do, terrain you'll be off roading on, and many other factors affect what lift you should get.

3. Sep 21, 2013 at 2:56 AM
    GroundControl

GroundControl [OP] Member

Member:
    Ok thanks. I'll try to delete this and keep searching.

4. Sep 21, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Be looking up mid-travel suspensions. It'll consist of front coilovers and new ucas and a new rear leaf pack and shocks and a few other things. Look up builds that have MT and see if you like it. After that would be long travel. That gets $$$ quick but there is a wealth of knowledge here about it.

Products Discussed in

To Top