1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension Options- Help Please

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by onemanmoshpit, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Feb 26, 2018 at 11:07 AM
    onemanmoshpit

onemanmoshpit [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB
    I had this in the 2nd Gen forum, but it should probably be moved here. I have done some searching and reading but haven't found much specific to the RC 4x4 models...

Here's the rundown of my truck and what I'm looking to do. I am very new to trucks so all these forums about lifts have me confused.

2008 RC 4x4 2.7 5 speed MT
    Stock size Kumho RoadVentures (for now, just put these on so I cant justify going any bigger till they are worn out)

What I am looking to for: Not necessarily a lift, but a suspension upgrade. I am a previous rally/Subaru enthusiast so I am looking to stay along those lines for the most part.

I would not be doing any serious off roading (mudding, crawling, or trails)

I would like something that will handle bumps, washboards, and potholes at speed. The type of roads I would be on are forestry roads that are fairly well maintained (they are part of STPR rally races in Wellsboro, PA every year). The closest to off-roading/trails I would be on would be seasonal use roads (they are untouched from Nov-April).

From what I have read on my searches going with a TRD setup might be just perfect for me, the TRD Pro would have been great had I found that thread before they were out of stock and if I had the money right now to dump into it (this will probably be a summer project)

First, would any 2nd gen TRD suspension fit the RC base model? And is there something along the TRD lines that would suit my needs?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

2. Feb 26, 2018 at 1:47 PM
    JT@Bajakits

JT@Bajakits Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Race Trucks and Off Road Suspension

Products Discussed in

To Top