1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension TSB for DFW & N.Texas Owners

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ChibbMD, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Apr 18, 2008 at 5:35 PM
    ChibbMD

ChibbMD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Double Cab
    Hey folks. I know this should probably be in the "Dealers who performed the Suspension TSB" thread, but I thought it was so cool I wanted to notify other 2nd gen Taco owners in the Dallas-Ft. Worth/N. Texas area.

I orginally planned on taking my 07 Taco to Toyota of Plano because fellow TW member (Sawdust) had good luck taking his there. They're awfully far away from me so I decided I would call the 1-800 number back and have them switch my case over to Cowboy Toyota, a smaller dealership located off I-30 and Buckner Blvd. in E. Dallas. The Service dept. never called me so I decided to be proactive and give them a call. The service manager said come on down and we'll take a look at it. Went in this morning. They pulled up all the TSB's for my truck, saw the leaf spring upgrade, and ordered the parts without flinching.

Nothing totally out of the ordinary here, but we got into a discussion about why I called the 1-800 number first instead of them and I explained that a number of owners were having difficulty getting dealers to take care of the TSB. He laughed, handed me a handful of his business cards, and said "Tell all your friends that I get paid for the TSB just like any other job. Send them all to me and I'll do them all without a second thought."

His name is Alan Young and he's the Assistant Service Manager at Cowboy Toyota. His number is 214-324-0411 x.212. Although I can't actually speak to the quality of their workmanship yet we certainly got off on the right foot. As much as I've read about folks struggling to get this done I just wanted to pass this along. I say call him and see if he's true to his word. I'll report back after they do the work next week.

Products Discussed in

To Top