1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

suzeiki

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Suzeiki, May 9, 2007.

1. May 9, 2007 at 9:59 AM
    Suzeiki

Suzeiki [OP] Member

Member:
    I logged into this forum because my husband bought a brand new 07 Tacoma on 2-11-07. He is having the vibration problems that others in this forum are having. The dealership has replaced the driveline but the vibaration has gotten worse and now is apparent at higher speeds. The dealership is tired of us, quite frankly, and I think they wish that we would just go quietly away. I feel bad because I am the one that convinced my husband to buy a Toyota after owning only Ford trucks all these years. I just want to see how athers are dealing with this problem. This was not an inexpensive truck!

Magnet likes this.
  2. May 9, 2007 at 11:09 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Don't give up on the dealership. Hit them hard and take it up as high as you have to go. You paid good money for a good truck without problems and got a problem. Tell them that you want them to have it fixed or give you a truck that works correctly. Don't be afraid to call foul, but be sure to stay civil about it. You paid them. They owe you. You don't want trouble - just a the truck that you paid for, not one with problems. Good luck.

3. May 9, 2007 at 11:46 AM
    Suzeiki

Suzeiki [OP] Member

Member:
    thanks for the quick reply! My husband has been very civil with the dealership. He has been most patient. Like I said I feel very guilty because I was the one to change his mind about buying a Toyota pick up. The Toyota representative said that they would put in writing that the vibration is "inherent". We'll see if they really will do that. We have been at the dealership five times since we bought the truck on Feb. 11th.:confused: I think that Toyota should know that this is a problem with their new trucks and that they should at the very least, fix it!

4. May 9, 2007 at 12:05 PM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Well, good luck. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you out.

Cheers!

5. May 9, 2007 at 2:12 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    Welcome to TW just wanted an update on your taco. Hope everything went well.

6. May 9, 2007 at 2:32 PM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    Suzeiki,

On top of the above, document the history of all your service transactions with the dealership and write them a letter demanding they fix it, replace it with a new vehicle if they cant fix it or else, return your money. Carbon copy Toyota USA and prepare as if you would to set the stage for legal action. Your dealer and Toyota will take notice of your systematic approach. There are a whole lot of people waiting to jump on your bandwagon.

Cheers.

7. May 9, 2007 at 2:59 PM
    Suzeiki

Suzeiki [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks for your encouragement! The service manager at our dealership agreed yesterday to put in writing, that the Tacoma's vibration probelm is inherent in the model, and that there are no future plans to fix the problem. We have yet to see this letter. I will let you all know if we actually receive it. I have a letter all ready to go to Toyota with all the documentation. We are waiting to see if the dealer will actually write that letter. If we don't get it in the next few days then we will contact Toyota. I will keep you posted!!!! thanks!

8. May 10, 2007 at 11:43 AM
    sak3358

sak3358 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to the Group!

I guess I was lucky because I do not have the vibration issue. I would be interested in finding out if it is ever resolved. I know there is a web site you can and post problems of this nature. I don't recall which one it is, but hopefully some of the other members can assist. If sufficient amount of people post it will be addressed by Toyota.

9. May 10, 2007 at 6:25 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    hey saw your taco photo it is so cool apple red nice :)

10. May 10, 2007 at 6:50 PM
    brian kelleher

brian kelleher New Member

Member:
    hey guys 2007 taco same problem dealer said all these do this?Vibration at around 20mph dont want to hear excuses from dealer just want it fixed.Did anyone have any luck with this problem?

11. May 10, 2007 at 8:47 PM
    Dominant967

Dominant967 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sorry to take wind from your sales but this driveline vibration will not be solved by the dealership because its an inherent design flaw that toyota felt was minor. Everyone who has a 06- or 07 tacoma double cab automatic has the 1st to second gear low speed wiggle... it did'nt bother me at all , but what i noticed is when i went to put a larger tire (33's) after a 4 inch lift that wiggle disappeared... i think 1st gear and second gear ratios are to far appart and with the 31 inch tires 1st gear spins up with so much torque and is released to a 2nd gear ratio thats to spread out..therefore you get the wiggle. Adding a larger tire means less rpms and less torque during the 1st to 2nd gear transition therefore no more wiggle. I don't know how much this helps but the wiggle really wasn't an issue for me i guess because my second car is a Lexus ....I think all trucks are awesome but everyone 1 of them has an issue ...if you really look.

I owned a 98 toyota 4x4 its issue "steering clunk" when turning the wheel all the way left. or right.. but a damn realiable truck.

I owned a 2000 tacoma extend a cab, that truck had no issue i can remember, and i beat the piss outta that truck and it came back for more.

I now own a 2006 double cab automatic v6 only minor issue was the tranny wiggle previously discussed, but now gone since my tire upgrade.

I assume manual trans owners don't have this issue ...correct?

12. May 11, 2007 at 5:27 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Err. Sorta. I am starting to get a vibration when I am cruising. I think my problem is related to these cheap Dunlop AT20s that they put on here. I am going to talk to them about other tires. :(

13. May 11, 2007 at 6:41 AM
    abu-guru

abu-guru Member

Member:
    Have them ballance the tires on a machine that can do a road simulation like a bear machine. Also there are issues with the rack and pinion bushing on the 2003 and newer models, mine are wore out at 44000mi.

14. May 11, 2007 at 7:34 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    I have had that done twice. Each time it goes to crap within a hundred miles... :(

15. May 11, 2007 at 7:39 AM
    abu-guru

abu-guru Member

Member:
    What the reballance? Was it done on a machine that does the road simulation while ballancing??? Also try lowering the tire pressure to 35psi, i bet your at 38-40 right??

Have the rack and pinion bushings been inspected??????

16. May 11, 2007 at 8:04 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    They were rebalanced twice. I don't know about the road sim balancing machine - whatever the dealership and Discount Tire have. The pressure is sitting at 36 PSI. I am not going lower than that - it kills my gas mileage.

Why would those need to be inspected?!? This is a 2007 2.7L with only 12,000 miles on it. It has this vibration on brand new flat highways.

Like I said, rebalancing the tires takes care of the problem for a few miles. Then it goes south shortly after.

17. May 11, 2007 at 10:52 AM
    LovinMyTaco07

LovinMyTaco07 Well-Known Member

Member:

I have a '07 doublecab LB... I'll pay more attention to the shift between 1-2 gear...

Good Luck! I think Toyota vehicles are awesome and more reliable then the Ford and Chevy vehicles I and my parents have owned. I would even put my parents Pontiac and my Saturn above Ford and Chevy but below Toyota.
    Those are my words from expereince, not opinion.

18. Jun 4, 2007 at 1:10 PM
    Suzeiki

Suzeiki [OP] Member

Member:
    Here is the latest on our 07 Taco vibration issue......after 6 visits to the dealer and a letter to Toyota, my husband was offered a new vehicle to replace the one we bought in February. The problem with the vibration cannot be fixed by Toyota. The new vehicle will be "identical" to the one we own. The deal sounds ok but we have to pay Toyota mileage for the miles on our current rig at the rate of 24.9 cents per mile. It is like we have been renting a truck for four months. It is almost 900 bucks more! What a crock. They are the ones that sold us a defective truck which we returned to the dealer in the first 14 days after we bought it. I don't know....I wish I hadn't have talked my husband out of buying Ford trucks. I will keep you updated....

19. Jun 4, 2007 at 1:20 PM
    Dominant967

Dominant967 Well-Known Member

Member:
    ask them to give you a new tundra crew cab see what they say,....

20. Jun 4, 2007 at 1:27 PM
    abu-guru

abu-guru Member

Member:
    Two words....Lemon Law. Now that Toy. has admitted too a problem they cant fix it's lemon law time....

Add up the gas/time from work and 32cents a mile for wear and tear for all the trips to the dealer for this problem and tell them it comes too $900.00 and see what they say......

Products Discussed in

To Top