1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Swap Single disc to 6 cd?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by norcalbb11, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Jul 17, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    norcalbb11

norcalbb11 [OP] Nor*Cal

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco Sport 4x4
    flowmaster 40 series, tinted windows, airaid CAI, removed 2nd filter, aries black bull bar
    my buddy just bought a regular cab 09 taco and i was wondering if we could swap out his deck and put in my 6 cd changer deck since i put a nav in mine? is it possible? thanks guys

2. Jul 17, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    if it fits it should haha. im pretty sure you wont have a problem, unless you have some kind of steering wheel controls that need to be hooked up.

3. Jul 17, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    norcalbb11

norcalbb11 [OP] Nor*Cal

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco Sport 4x4
    flowmaster 40 series, tinted windows, airaid CAI, removed 2nd filter, aries black bull bar
    well in my truck it did have the steering wheel controls but i dont think his truck has them but does that matter for him?

4. Jul 17, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    The steering controls are purely optional. You will be fine.

5. Jul 18, 2009 at 5:00 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Take his deck out.....

Is it a tight fit with little available space? Or is there plenty of room in there?

Chances are.... the room available in there was designed specifically for the 6 disc (if optioned) but you got the single.

Call a Toyota dealer and see if you get anyone who has a clue (sometimes you get lucky) - if you think you need to.

I don't know if there are any wiring or connection issues..??

Afterall, it's for an 09 and doesn't it have some new features (bluetooth, aux)? I'd make sure you get an 09 6 disc deck (versus getting an 05-08 deck).

6. Jul 18, 2009 at 6:39 AM
    FL Forester

FL Forester Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner
    I swapped the single disk one out of mine for the 6 disk. They are the exact same size.

Products Discussed in

To Top