1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

system build in my 07 access cab

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by dubbedSinner, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:00 AM
    dubbedSinner

dubbedSinner [OP] blisters

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    i figured i might as well make a thread about what i have done so far audio and video wise to my truck so here it goes

first i built a box to hold 4 12" hifonics hri12d4 subs tuned to around 35 hz and the volume is around 9.5^ft3 after displacement

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:03 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    Lowered 3/4, debadged, led tails, projector headlights with hids, billet grill, blacked out windows, painted front and rear bumper and grill shell. Inside, 4 crappy 15's, suede wrapped headliner and door panel inserts, alpine double din, few painted pieces inside, and every led is either blue or white.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i braced it with some 1/2" wooden dowels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:04 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
  4. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:06 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    started to fiberglass the corners but got tired of doing that so i finished the rest with caulk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:08 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
  6. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:10 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    i decided to paint the box with a textured paint that looks kinda like a spray on bedliner, the two cans i bought werent enough to fully cover the box so i used regular black rattle can to cover it all up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:13 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    then i put it in the truck for the last time and for the speaker wires i drilled two holes in the side of the box and ran a few bolts with washers and nuts and wire connectors on either side to connect the speaker wire

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

subs mounted

[​IMG]

8. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:16 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    amp mounted and wiring started
    4 gauge wire for power and ground wires

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:17 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    the amp is a hitron amp, rated 1200 watts rms at 1 ohm. im guessing it probably puts out around 800-1000 rms at 1 ohm though. maybe one day i can upgrade the amp

10. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:18 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
  11. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:20 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    these just show how close the amp is to the door panel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the bass remote for the amp

[​IMG]

12. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:22 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    next on the list was to get rid of the factory radio and throw in a panasonic cq-vw100u double din i had in my blazer that i stopped driving. i also went ahead and got a digital voltmeter that plugs into the 12v outlet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:22 AM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    HOLY F@#K that is a huge box!!!! are you trying to make it for competitions or something? or just to impress, cuz that its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overkill for almost any application, but still... :devil:
    :D

14. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:26 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    then it was time to deaden the roof. i used 3 rolls of peel-n-seel that i got from lowes which is baxically the same stuff as dynamat. and i also used about 4 cans of great stuff to fill in all the hollow spaces in the roof. the difference is incrediable, the best way that i can describe it is that it sounds like a thud when u knock on the roof instead of a hollow sound

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and that is where i am at as of now. let me know what u think!

15. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:28 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    im not planning on competing, especially with this ecquipment. i just love bass and i love the look on peoples faces when they sit inside my truck and i turn it up :bananadead:

16. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:30 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    and i forgot to add that overall on the subs, box, amp, and wires i spent less than $400 for everything brand new :D:D:D

17. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:31 AM
    STR8_BEAST

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    Haha I bet that thing could make a chick come in her seat

18. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:33 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    my girl says she does like the vibrations hahaha.....

19. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:41 AM
    STR8_BEAST

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    Lol now just get one of those truck bedz and go camping ;)

20. Jul 15, 2010 at 2:47 AM
    dubbedSinner

Member:
    haha good idea!

Products Discussed in

To Top