1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

T-SB-0305-08 Harsh Ride

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by charliedelta, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Mar 1, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    charliedelta

charliedelta [OP] charliedelta

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD Sport Package
    Lojack
    I have a 2009 Tacoma Access Cab with the TRD sport package. I've seen this TSB and I have a few questions. Regardless of ride should I take my truck to the dealer to have these items on the TSB replaced? I haven't carried any heavy loads in my truck yet so it's difficult for me to determine whether the ride has been affected by this. My truck hasn't bottomed out over hard bumps on the road but that doesn't mean the leaf springs don't need to be replaced. I'm not a mechanic so is there a way to inspect my truck to know that leaf spring assembly needs to be replaced? It looks the same as when I bought it and the truck does not appear to be sagging. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you :confused:

Mike

2. Mar 1, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    I would get it done even if you haven't bottomed out yet. I'd say most of the people who've had it done haven't bottomed out but the ride does feel stiffer/better after you get it. You have 30k miles to decide!

3. Mar 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray
  4. Mar 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM
    charliedelta

charliedelta [OP] charliedelta

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD Sport Package
    Lojack
    Thanks for the information. I took my truck to the dealer two weeks ago to have a transmission problem that was addressed in an earlier TSB fixed. The dealer where I bought my truck is about 30 miles away from where I live and work so it can be a inconvenience to keep driving back and forth but I'll do it if something is wrong with the truck. I bought my truck thru the Costco car buyers program and that dealer was the closest to me that had Toyota Tacomas for sale. Now this Toyota dealer has plenty of Tacomas on the lot. I spoke with a salesman who told me sales on Toyota vehicles are down 85% and if things don't change soon employee layoffs are around the corner.

Mike

Products Discussed in

To Top