1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

T-SB-0345-08 Tire Inflation Pressure Compensation Adjustment

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BeefTaco, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Nov 8, 2008 at 6:20 PM
    BeefTaco

BeefTaco [OP] WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST

Member:
    Santa Cruz County Ca.
    Here is a recent TSB to set tire pressure for seasonal temperature change's for you guy's back east this might help. :)

T-SB-0345-08.pdf

2. Nov 20, 2008 at 4:27 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Nice 6spd,V6, very solid truck
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    Hey, thanks everyone did not check the spare, as its about 20 deg's here in MA., to damned cold to be crawling around on my back but I will check it out.
    Of course I expected to see one of the tires down to about 15lbs one of these mornings.
    Hopefully it will warm up enough sometime today to get a look at it and check it. Thanks to everyone for the input.
    Jeff 06,V6, 4x4, 6spd, bone stock

3. Nov 20, 2008 at 4:43 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Yes my 06 went off two weeks ago, you got to drop the spare to check it, it was down to 21 psi and I have no compressor so I loaded it the back, filled it up, then flipped it so next time I wouldn't have to go thru all that BS. I did grease the cable mechanism tho.

4. Nov 20, 2008 at 4:57 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    My stupid light is on now too, I guess I need to check my spare as-well.

5. Nov 20, 2008 at 5:17 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    The '09s don't have a pressure monitor in the spare.
    I guess Toyota got tired of their dealer service people complaining about getting all those monitor dash light on calls.

6. Nov 20, 2008 at 5:26 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    None currently, but I would like a better sounding exhaust and perhaps a cold air pack and some color coded step bars
    Just went out quickly to look at it, probably should have taken it off in the summer and did exactly what you did. Since the bed will be empty for the winter I might just put it in the bed and secure it with a tie down and grease the cable and all that in the spring. Would like it to be in the 40's, hopefully today but I doubt it. Winter in New England.

Jeff ,06,V6, SR5, 6spd, 4x4, bone stock

7. Nov 20, 2008 at 5:27 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    I like that Winged Wheel ! one of my very favorite teams.

Jeff

8. Nov 21, 2008 at 11:43 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Got my spare off this am, lubed all that while I had it off. Spare had 21lbs in it and I took it to tlhe nearest place that sold air. While I was at it my left front was at 27lbs so I bumped it up a little. Re-installed rear tire.
    Headed down the road and with in 1 minute the light was out. Thanks to everyone for the heads up.

Don't have a clue as to how that sensor set up works.

Jeff 06,
    V6,6spd, 4x4. SR5 Radiant Red

9. Nov 21, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    My light went on a few weeks ago and my spare had 22lbs in it.

Just seems weird to me that only 7lb difference (between 29lbs they recommend) sets the light off.

Should look at it as a good thing...versus an annoying thing.

10. Nov 21, 2008 at 6:29 PM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    When you first crank the truck up the CPU has an input for the sensor signals and if all is well the light goes out. There's a little more happening in between but basically that is what happens. They say you can lower ALL of your TPMS tires to a lower level say 15 #'s. Then reset the sensor level and now the lower level will be 15 #'s instead of 21. For guys that air down their tires on the trails mainly as I like the 21 # level myself.

I installed a cable and lock as well when I flipped mine over. Lock is mainly brass and covered with a few layers of plastic bags for protection. It won't stop a real crook but it will stop the guy walking past the truck looking for an easy tire to grab.

11. Nov 22, 2008 at 2:45 AM
    Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hopkinton,MA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the input , 21lbs is a good limit, providing you don't drop your tire pressure all the time for trail or out on the beach.
    The cable lock is a good idea but its about 18deg here presently and I don't think anyone will be under my truck. I will get a lock for the spring, as tires and wheels are expensive.
    I wasn't sure how that sensor worked but thinking back a friend of mine has had trouble with his 1yr old GMC Yukon and his local dealer replaced all sensors as there was a problem.

Thanks again for the heads up info. I have passed all this on to a friend who has a new Tundra.
    Jeff 06,V6, SR5,6spd

Products Discussed in

To Top