1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

T9 android head unit

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cruxx, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Sep 16, 2019 at 6:58 AM
    cruxx

cruxx [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
  2. Sep 16, 2019 at 7:27 AM
    5nahalf

5nahalf I build dumb things

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Longbed

Check out the audio section of the forum, we have been playing with these android units for a few months now.

tcBob and cruxx[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  3. Dec 19, 2019 at 8:43 PM
    InfernoVol

InfernoVol New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DC 4X4
    OME BP-51 SCS SR8 285/70/17 ko2
    Did you ever get this Unit working properly? I'm having trouble with wired CarPlay and my reverse cam. Also trying to add front cam. Thanks.

4. Dec 19, 2019 at 9:06 PM
    cruxx

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    Mine works. I can help

5. Dec 19, 2019 at 9:07 PM
    cruxx

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    First off, how did you hook up the camera? You should be connecting the single yellow rca to a rca on the main harness of the T9(not truck) labellec camera. There are two of them, plug it to the rca paired with the big plug. You are plugging the t9 to the t9

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  6. Dec 19, 2019 at 9:12 PM
    cruxx

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    Now are you android or iphone? Iphone is wireless. Android is wired. Did you buy from cartrim?

7. Dec 19, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    cruxx

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    With iphone, you get carplay through the app zlink. You may need an activation code from cartrim. Gotta send him a screenshot and they give you an activation code. There is a fb group that they monitor so alot of help on there

8. Dec 19, 2019 at 9:40 PM
    cruxx

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    As for front cam, i cant say for sure because i already had the anytime mod installed already, all the connections were made before the headunit. But there are a bunch of rca that should have one labelled camera

9. Dec 20, 2019 at 2:03 PM
    derelique

derelique Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma
    I have a Dasaita Android unit I use for CarPlay. Does anyone else have an issue where call volume is very low compared to music? It's that way wireless or wired.

I went into factory car settings on the radio and messed with some settings but nothing seems to make it anywhere near the music volume. So after the phone call the music is crazy loud unless I pause it prior to the call.

10. Dec 20, 2019 at 3:39 PM
    cruxx

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    Ya its like that

11. Dec 21, 2019 at 5:18 AM
    FourWD

FourWD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    19 Tacoma DCSB OR TRD
    I dont have aftermarket headunits yet but, are you connected through bluetooth? if you are then try increasing the CALL volume on your phone during a call (assuming you are android, not sure about iphones).

12. Mar 2, 2020 at 9:43 AM
    LegendaryAcura88

LegendaryAcura88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma SR5 V6 DCSB
    @cruxx Just a couple of quick questions about this unit. First, how is the quality of the backup camera? I know with the Joying units people were saying there was a noticeable downgrade in video quality.
    Also, I don't know if you have any insight into this, but I recently installed the Kicker Key amplifier. Do you know if there would be any issues utilizing the kicker amplifier with this head unit?
    Thanks for any help!

13. Mar 2, 2020 at 7:50 PM
    cruxx

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    Yes the video is worse. They say its because its a bigger screen. Not that bad, not a deal breaker for me. There should be no issue with the kicker key amp. I just installed a amp/sub 300w and i dont think i need an amp for door speakers. Not sure if its because the t9 has 4x30. I know the kicker is 4x75. Ill put it this way, i’ve had this for about 6 months. It does have it quirks but i would not give it up for any other headunit out there. There are just so many positives that the quirks are minor things.

14. Mar 28, 2020 at 10:53 PM
    thebaker

thebaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    Just ordered this unit. I ended up getting the blue px6 version. Cant wait to get it installed.

Im going to have a alpine halo9 up for sale soon....

15. Mar 28, 2020 at 11:13 PM
    MannyTheAudioGuy

MannyTheAudioGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Emmanuel
    Napa
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I have put in Racesport gen3 leds I'm the process of doing a custom audio overhaul which will include Hybrid audio unity 6x9 mid bass, unity 3 inch mid driver in the dash and fiberglassing tweets in pilar soundeading all the doors, floors, and headliner and I will be using a helix processor to retain the factory radio and as far as subs I might make custom brackets to move rear seat foward a few inches to get a full size sub in there or I might just go with a pair of jl tw5 or tw3 and it will all be powered by jl audio HD amps or I might try out the new hybrid amps
    They look cool and the concept is cool but they are pretty shitty units with glitches and poor audio

16. Mar 28, 2020 at 11:56 PM
    thebaker

thebaker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Upgraded to a 3rd gen
    Never ending......$$$
    I was on the fence but after talking to a few people on the facebook group page for the t9, I was willing to take the chance. The support in the group is top notch and the price point to me is worth the risk.

I loved the halo9 when I had it only 2ng gen but the t9 can do so much more.

cruxx[OP] likes this.
  17. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:01 AM
    MannyTheAudioGuy

Member:
    First Name:
    Emmanuel
    Napa
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I have put in Racesport gen3 leds I'm the process of doing a custom audio overhaul which will include Hybrid audio unity 6x9 mid bass, unity 3 inch mid driver in the dash and fiberglassing tweets in pilar soundeading all the doors, floors, and headliner and I will be using a helix processor to retain the factory radio and as far as subs I might make custom brackets to move rear seat foward a few inches to get a full size sub in there or I might just go with a pair of jl tw5 or tw3 and it will all be powered by jl audio HD amps or I might try out the new hybrid amps
    Yes they do more more but with all the glitches they have it’s not worth it! At my store we won’t install any android unit!

thebaker[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Mar 29, 2020 at 7:31 AM
    cruxx

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    Glitches, mine has none and ive owned it for 6 months. When you say glitches, i think you mean to say things that peopke dont know how to operate. 99% of “glitches” are user error or knowledge. Its a setting that someone doesnt know exists. Dont blame the t9 because it has endless options. The normal aftermarket headunit has no options and is pretty much dummy proof. The only new thing they have is carplay and the t9 makes that obsolete. These things are plug and play so anyone can install them. Also, why do these expensive headunits max out at 4x20w? Requiring a seperate amp? At least the t9 is 4x30

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    thebaker and pinochle like this.
  19. Mar 29, 2020 at 7:39 AM
    cruxx

Member:
    First Name:
    Huy
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    I would put this up against those expensive units any day. This thing is still impressing me everyday. I literally dont have enough time to explore everything this can do.

pinochle likes this.
  20. Mar 29, 2020 at 12:42 PM
    MannyTheAudioGuy

Member:
    First Name:
    Emmanuel
    Napa
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I think you should put it up against well known head units! Yes this has internet browser and fancy tablet style features and sure you claim yours is working great(for now) but if you compare the key points to a headunit(quality of audio output, distortion, and reliability,) and the fact that it is not really Apple carplay certified so next update it might not work anymore

Products Discussed in

To Top