1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Table saw or miter saw?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by 12DblCab, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Dec 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    tacoftw

tacoftw 5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously

Member:
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab 4x4
    5100s, camburg arms, toytec AAL, 285s on m/t 17x9
  2. Dec 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    12DblCab

12DblCab [OP] I don't know what to write here

Member:
    South
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport "Pyrite Mica"
    Yeah, the reviews on this product say the laser is usually 1-2 mm to the side of where the cut is. I watched a miter saw video on YouTube a while back that suggested ignoring the laser and lowering the blade to the wood to see where it will contact, and to cut to the side of your marked line so you don't cut the wood shorter than you measured. So far so good. I'm no expert, but I have been having some fun with small projects.

My wife showed me this wine rack online, and I made her one from scraps I had in my garage. The website had the measurements and everything listed. I had some walnut stain sitting around. I bought a jigsaw with the miter saw, and this is the first time I cut curves into wood. For our anniversary in a few months, I'm going to build her an arbor with a swing. The stain looks a lot better than the picture.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Dec 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Lasers are useless unless you are cutting framing material where it really doesn't matter if the board ends up 1/16" too long or short

To Top