1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco audio makeover

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Dr_chek, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Feb 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    Dr_chek

Dr_chek [OP] Member

Member:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 - V6 - 4WD - Double Cab
    Nerf Bars - Audio - Pioneer DEH-7900BT Head Unit w/ USB adapter; Infinity Kappas 60.7 Components (front); Sony GT1625A 2-way speakers (rear); Infinity Reference 1050w 10" sub; Pyramid 600w 2-channel amp
    I will officially introduce myself to the tacomaworld...
    I have a 06 DBL CAB and I have replaced my HU with a Pioneer DEH-7900BT.
    I installed Infinity Kappas 60.7s in the front; Sony 2-ways in the rear,a single sub box from supercrewsound.com with a Infinity 10" sub... I picked up a Profile 2-channel amp to power the sub (I am very happy with it, so far).
    now, onto the question:
    I wanted to power my front components... they are hungry for some juice. The Kappas want 90 RMS @ 2 Ohms.
    I got another profile amp which will put out 100 RMS @ 2 Ohms.

my problem is running the speaker wires from the cab into the doors.
    Can anyone please let me in on the best way to do this????
    I've searched around online and some have just spliced into the factory wiring to avoid the hassle of getting new wire to the doors and then ran good 14 G wire to the amp.
    I have tried to push the 14G wire through the rubber sleeve with no luck... Toyota has it jam packed with all the other wiring!!
    is that a good idea or will I be sacrificing quality by using the factory wiring, even if it just for a short jog???

I really appreciate any input. I've been working hard on this stereo upgrade, and I hate that I have hit a 'wall'.

thanks for your ideas. Forums like this are an excellent tool for all of us!

2. Feb 1, 2008 at 8:14 PM
    kwalton

kwalton Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, Md
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Sport 4x4
    an old installer trick is to remove the boot from the door and the body of the car so that it is loose on the factory wiring. you can then take a grabber tool or something straight (an old wire coat hanger for example) to push through the boot. attatch speaker wire to the end and pull it through. wire lube will help as well.

3. Feb 1, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    06tacoma

06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 XS-P Trd Longbed Double Cab
    20" enkei wheel,BFG G-Force tires, BHLM, Smoked tail lights, 2 RE Audio 10s, Quantom 900watt amp,10000K HIDs headlights and fog lamps,Borla exhaust, Borla drop in filter,Debadged tailgate,Painted black tacoma badges
    ^ thats exactly right thats the way i have done it on my last three cars only othee way is to t-tape into you wiring harness from your head head unit but you will need a wiring diagram to do that, not sure of the quality when using this method just another way i was tought to do it .

4. Feb 2, 2008 at 4:17 AM
    Dr_chek

Dr_chek [OP] Member

Member:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 - V6 - 4WD - Double Cab
    Nerf Bars - Audio - Pioneer DEH-7900BT Head Unit w/ USB adapter; Infinity Kappas 60.7 Components (front); Sony GT1625A 2-way speakers (rear); Infinity Reference 1050w 10" sub; Pyramid 600w 2-channel amp
    thanks for your thoughts;
    I'm honestly scared to remove the boot... I don't want to mess anything up permanently...
    I think I will try to tie into the existing wiring....

here's another question to those with component speakers:
    where did you mount your crossover? I have mine mounted on the inside of the door sitting on that foam block?
    I noticed some have installed theirs back with amps (i.e. taco tunes) that's a lot of wire to run!

Products Discussed in

To Top