1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Taco Tunes mounts

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ZonKs, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Dec 21, 2007 at 3:42 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs [OP] Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    Stupid ass taco tunes mounts do not fit my MB Quarts (now I understand why the guy I bought them from sold them:rolleyes:). Has anyone tried to cut the mounts. I need to increase the diameter by about 1/4 inch. What did you use.

I have an air body saw, ill prob try this.

2. Dec 21, 2007 at 4:17 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    i used a dremel to cut the cone out of the stock speakers and the plastic "bars" or whatever, the speaker bracket bars, the 6 or so plastic bars running from the magnet to the outside of the cone......
    and used the outside shell of the stock speaker as a mount....

3. Dec 23, 2007 at 4:55 PM
    lineberw

lineberw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4x4
    To get the extra room needed for your MB Quartz just use an air sander/grinder or a jig saw. It's a pain in the butt to cut because it just ends up knida melting through the material but, it works. I used both of these to make my JL XR 6.5" Components fit.

4. Jan 17, 2008 at 11:18 AM
    wgm661

wgm661 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD OffRoad
    Ipod Controls... SoFar
    Are you using the 6.5 Reference MB's??? I am planing on getting a set for the front and back of my 08 access cab. And was looking at the Taco poly kit for both set... Do you think the MDF it would work better?

5. Jan 17, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    maverick491

maverick491 Towing Guru

Member:
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Access Cab, TRD off road, 6 cyl, 6 spd
    Activator III brake controller, Extang Fulltilt toneau, Factory bed mat, Extra D-rings in the bed, 2ndary air filter removed, Garmin Ique GPS, Eco-2, AFE Pro Dry-s filter, USASPEC PA12-toy, Pioneer 3-way speakers, SG II on Blendmount, Gulf States Alarm added.
    I suspect it would be roughly the same amount of work to cut either material, so I'd go with the Poly kit just for the durability. (actually I did) as for cutting it, I'd say bench mounted scroll saw if you have one, if not then a dremmel or air powered die grinder would be the way to go, I suspect that the radius would be too tight for a standard bladed jigsaw to make it a pretty job.

6. Jan 17, 2008 at 5:27 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs [OP] Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    thats what i was thinking too. I havent gotten around to installing anything yet. But im still not sure what im gonna use to open up those mounts.

Products Discussed in

To Top