1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma Sport or Off Road

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by CaliforniaKid, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Oct 17, 2009 at 7:51 AM
    CaliforniaKid

CaliforniaKid [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab TRD OR
    Under Cover Bed Cover
    Finally found another dealer with three new Tacoma 4X4s and hes only about 200 miles away. Waiting to see what they have on them. All three are six cyl dbl cabs, two autos and a mt. Two white and one Red. The local dealer does not want to give much for my trade in. In fact they're offering about $4,000.00 below dealer trade in. My wife and I are pretty good at buying cars and this should have been pretty easy, but this dealer is trying to use the current economy to their advantage. I went in and told them I was interested in a Tacoma and drove the 2009 sport and 2010 Off Road. I decided the Off Road was a better buy and told them I would like this to be fair and easy and that I understood I was a little upside down on my trade but had no problem taking care of that. We all know this is a numbers game and you can move them from one side to the other. The problem came in when they appraised my trade at around $18,900 and then offered $15,000. I went in to the negotiation with every intention of letting them have about 900.00 over actual dealer cost. Actual Dealer cost in this case is about 531.00 below Factory invoice or almost $3,000.00 below MSRP. I thought this was pretty fair and I would put down enough to cover my trade plus a few thousand more, but I have no intention of taking almost another $4,000.00 hit on my trade. NRA has a deal going where they can get dealers to sell to you at about 500.00 over dealer invoice all day long, but of course those dealers don't have anything your looking for. Oh well, maybe I'll try the 200 mile away dealer, depending on what hes got and if it is to be.....it will be.

2. Oct 19, 2009 at 4:56 AM
    CaliforniaKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    Under Cover Bed Cover
    Thanks for everyones help. Got a 2010 Tacoma 4x4, Double Cab, TRD Off Road in White. Found a dealer willing to give me more for my trade and a healthy discount. Now let the mods begin.

3. Oct 19, 2009 at 8:00 AM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

Told you they would be willing to work with you...now post up some pictures...you pick the best possible combination toyota makes...look at my truck and you will know why I say that.

4. Oct 19, 2009 at 3:31 PM
    CaliforniaKid

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Central California
    Vehicle:
    Under Cover Bed Cover
    Tricoma, you were right. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow, but it looks exactly like yours. I need to get a bed cover now and whats the deal with the mud flaps, it seems like the ones in front are just waiting to get tore off. Do people actually leave these on? Also still reading the owners manual. How confusing with ATRAC, Locking Rear Diff. VSC etc. Half these things turn off when something else is on an, but they only work min 4Low etc. I'm sure once I get out it will all make sense...LOL

5. Oct 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

I have left the flaps on for now...it is the law. I will likely shave them down a bit cause they are waiting to be ripped off. I know they look the same but it's always nice to show off your new truck...plus I am sure won't look stock for very long. I am getting new wheels soon but this is what it looks like now....see a lot different than yours.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top