1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma TRD Pro Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Kalisimmonsmusic, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Sep 11, 2019 at 5:00 PM
    Trptamene

Trptamene Member

Member:
    Not trying to get rid my fox shocks but a few inches would be good. I see this one

https://www.suspensionconnection.co...BkEX6gxAigE_jqhSBdCzYlcX7QFhdBaxoC7Y8QAvD_BwE

Which has UCAs, but there other kits that dont. I assume getting the one w UCAs is a better option. Says would lift 2.5" in front. I wouldnt use the blockage, would get some AAL and try to match the lift of the front?.

Would this be a bad idea.? Would it mess up the ride quality?

2. Sep 13, 2019 at 2:44 PM
    Trptamene

Trptamene Member

Member:
  3. Sep 13, 2019 at 2:48 PM
    Black taco.

Black taco. Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4. MT.
    I’ll take the stock a fox suspension.

4. Jan 8, 2020 at 12:12 PM
    TacoTurboMan

TacoTurboMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    19 Super White TRD PRO
    I know I am grave digging here, but I've been trying to find some useful information on what my options would be for removing my stock fox trd suspension off of my 19 TRD PRO. This seems like a good start. Is this setup still recommended? Or are there better brands and setups worth while now?

5. Jan 8, 2020 at 3:39 PM
    TVH475

TVH475 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montrose CO
    Icon is good stuff, but I liked the Fox set up better so that's the direction I went, now I'm seeing the King 3.0 IBP's with by pass rears and that's really got my head spinning!

TacoTurboMan[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 8, 2020 at 5:57 PM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    Realistically, ICON, Fox, King, ect. ect. are all solid choices. It's gonna take some research to see what flavor you like. It's hard to know what you don't know to ask pertinent questions.

To give you an idea of some of the deciding which flavor you like, research if you're looking for progressive or digressive valving, look into shock rebuilding, whether you want to go OEM or find a shop, ect.

On the surface, any reputable suspension company will get you quality lift that feels good, but peel back the layers and see what fits for what you need by digging into what makes these different.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    TacoTurboMan[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Jan 10, 2020 at 11:11 AM
    TacoTurboMan

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    19 Super White TRD PRO
    My PRO is my daily driver. Maybe light off roading through mud, dirt, sand, at most to reach camping spots. But I definitely won't be hitting up Moab or doing any racing. I probably wouldn't need to worry about rebuilds since I won't be driving the truck to it's limits. I just want a higher lift 2.5" and to fit bigger tires maybe 285/75 BFG KO2 with either 4runner pro rims or SCS F5.

Any thoughts on what I should do based on how I'll be using the truck? I've seen people get shims or AAL to retain stock fox setup. But not sure if this would be a good idea for ride quality.

8. Jan 19, 2020 at 9:03 AM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    I'll be honest I don't know the specs on the suspension you have. My best guess though is if you do an AAL, you're going to have a harsher, stiffer ride. I have never been happy with AAL or block solutions to the rear. The difference between a block/AAL and a well executed aftermarket leaf pack is huge.

You're going to have to spend a pretty decent chunk of change if you want to get 3 inches higher and have the same quality of suspension you have now.

9. Jan 26, 2020 at 8:19 PM
    krn_taco90

krn_taco90 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    2019 Super White Tacoma TRD pro
    RRW Rock sliders/Front pro grille lights
    I’m in the same shoes as you I wanna change my suspension dude you’re not gonna loose no money out fox shocks sell for a lot!! Do it I’m gonna!

TacoTurboMan likes this.
  10. Jan 27, 2020 at 1:13 PM
    TacoTurboMan

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    19 Super White TRD PRO
    What lift kit are you going to go with? I've been holding off for so long to make sure I get the right setup. Leaning towards Kings right now for extreme mall crawling lol (jk). I want a 2.5" lift with 285/75 tires. Probably need a CMC done to fit those right?

krn_taco90[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jan 27, 2020 at 2:31 PM
    krn_taco90

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    I think we can fit 285’s alone with our stock fox setup.. a little heat gun and trimming but nothing too much. I should of gotten a off-road version but I don’t regret it at all I got my pro for 44 k and the off road was going for almost the same price so I would’ve been stupid to go with a off road plus I got no finance so I came up but I’m leaning towards icons or Kings.. kings are just expebsive I want to get it right the first time so I won’t regret anything I do..lol I want to run 35s also but that’s later on I’m just getting my feet wet:):):)

ramrod84 likes this.
  12. Jan 29, 2020 at 1:59 PM
    ramrod84

ramrod84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Little Rock, AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Pro
    There are several threads of folks with pro's fitting 285/75's on stock Pro suspension. It does seem to be hit and miss if you are going to have minor rubbing but out of the countless hours of forums i've ready through, I haven't come across anyone needing to do any major cutting like a cmc. But that's considering you are staying with the stock wheels. I'm lost when it comes to changing to wheels with different offsets and stuff like that. 88 rotors have a few videos of fitting 33's on stock pro's with minor spacers and AAL's. Honestly I think the Pro suspension rides absolutely amazing. However, I haven't done any major off-roading yet. I'm actually thinking of moving to a 17inch wheel and just doing a minor tire increase to the 265/70/17's. I don't ever plan on doing any crawling and that should give me just what i'm looking for without changing the Fox suspension.

krn_taco90[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Feb 1, 2020 at 9:39 PM
    krn_taco90

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    Can anyone telL me is it possible to run 35s with a eibach pro kit suspensions???

14. Feb 1, 2020 at 9:40 PM
    krn_taco90

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Vehicle:
    What’s the norm to put 35s on a pro with minor changes???

Products Discussed in

To Top