1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TacomaFlashers - 3rd Brake Light Flasher for your 2007 to 2017 Tacoma (GROUP BUY: 07/10 - 07/24)

Discussion in 'Automotive Group Buys' started by GotToyota, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Aug 5, 2017 at 7:06 AM
    stevotivo12

stevotivo12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Tacoma TRD Sport MT
    Front hellwig sway bar,All pro sway bar end links, Fox 2.5 Resi Coilovers and Shocks, Fox 2.5 Hydraulic Bumpstops, Budbuilt Traction bar, Total Chaos UCAs w/ heim joints, Icon AAL, AFE Power Intake with dynamic scoop, URD spec U, URD short shifter, Flossy weighted shift knob, michelin tires, black badges, black tailgate letters, black grill with custom Diaz Fab Devil horn yota logo, retrofit/morimoto HID conversion, red interior LED lights, Pioneer head unit, kenwood excelon door speakers, 2 10" pioneer subs,
    Hey! Payment sent a minute ago, thanks for producing an awesome, inexpensive, and well thought out safety + exterior appearance mod! Much appreciated

2. Aug 5, 2017 at 7:11 AM
    GotToyota

GotToyota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Portland, OR
    Cool, got your payment. I ran out of product after fulfilling all of the previous orders but do have some on the way. I'll keep in touch.

3. Aug 5, 2017 at 8:07 AM
    cliffyk

cliffyk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Saint Augustine, FL
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB SR5 TRD Sport 145k miles
    Check your state's regulations, some states (like Florida) prohibit flashing lights on private vehicles except as signals, or when a vehicle is stopped or disabled:

FS 316.2397 (7):

(7) Flashing lights are prohibited on vehicles except as a means of indicating a right or left turn, to change lanes, or to indicate that the vehicle is lawfully stopped or disabled upon the highway...

I had a brake light flasher on my Harley some years back--i.e. this is one of those DAMHIK things that made my county $50 richer.

Several makers have programmable units for bikes that can be set to only flash 3 or 4 times and then remain on; I replaced the unit on my bike with one and never had any further conflict...

4. Aug 6, 2017 at 2:01 PM
    cafereef

cafereef Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM Tacoma TRD Sport
    TRD Sport Exahust, OEM roof Rack, Predator Pro side steps.
    Installed mine today. VERY easy. Thank you!

One tip to everyone, the ground wire is the small 18ish gauge black and white wire, not the thicker/larger black and white wire. (17 DCSB sport)

Forge and GotToyota[OP] like this.
  5. Aug 7, 2017 at 10:32 PM
    Goliath

Goliath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2009 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Received mine today, looking forward to installing them later this week. Thanks again!

GotToyota[OP] likes this.
  6. Aug 8, 2017 at 3:22 PM
    Braves95

Braves95 Go Clemson Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    17 MGM TRD Off Road DCSB P&T 6MT
    Fab Fours Bumper Block Heater Dual Exhaust Flow Master Smittybilt 12k Winch Synthetic Rope Bed Mat Roof Rack Puddle Lights 17" Rockstar Wheels NittoTerra Grapplers Power TailGate Lock Tonneau Cover w/lights Mobtown sliders MT Remote Start Tinted Windows Front And Rear Camera BRC Competition Diff Breather Bed Step Weather tech Floor Mats TRD Pro Tail lights TRD MT Shift Knob ARB dual compressor URD short shifter Kings 2.5 OEM W/remote resi. Click adjuster.
    It's a white/black wire. The first color indicates the primary color. And the second number is the srip color.

7. Aug 8, 2017 at 3:25 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    Fab Fours Bumper Block Heater Dual Exhaust Flow Master Smittybilt 12k Winch Synthetic Rope Bed Mat Roof Rack Puddle Lights 17" Rockstar Wheels NittoTerra Grapplers Power TailGate Lock Tonneau Cover w/lights Mobtown sliders MT Remote Start Tinted Windows Front And Rear Camera BRC Competition Diff Breather Bed Step Weather tech Floor Mats TRD Pro Tail lights TRD MT Shift Knob ARB dual compressor URD short shifter Kings 2.5 OEM W/remote resi. Click adjuster.
    I did the install. Very easy install. Easy mod.

8. Aug 8, 2017 at 4:37 PM
    Killowatt

Killowatt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    Received mine, now to get some wire to run to the topper light.

Parksareforever likes this.
  9. Aug 8, 2017 at 5:28 PM
    Parksareforever

Parksareforever Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Access Cab
    How do you plan on doing this? I am in the same boat.

10. Aug 8, 2017 at 5:33 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    On my 17. It's on the rear driver side panel. Cut open the tubing. Find the 2 wires and your done. Easy. 3 minutes

11. Aug 8, 2017 at 5:35 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    Page 4. Post #73. Easy as pie.

12. Aug 8, 2017 at 6:46 PM
    GotToyota

GotToyota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Portland, OR
    Glad everyone has gotten their flashers. Enjoy!

13. Aug 8, 2017 at 6:50 PM
    Parksareforever

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Access Cab
    As far as wiring to your topper, these directions won't work unless your third brake
    is wired to the third brake. Most toppers tap the drivers side brake light to make it easier.

Edit spelling.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  14. Aug 8, 2017 at 6:56 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    So is the wire tapped in the tail light? If so can u tap that and be done? Only asking.

15. Aug 8, 2017 at 6:58 PM
    Parksareforever

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Access Cab
    Mine is tapped in drivers tail light but have not tried to install the flasher there. I figure it would make the driver brake and third brake flash.

16. Aug 8, 2017 at 7:03 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    It shouldn't, if tap off the line going to the topper. Because it'll pull from the line on the brake wire at the tail light. The line coming from/ to the topper I would cut that in half. And reverse the instructions for the violet wire. So coming off the tail light treat that like the front wire. And the part going to the topper as the back part.

17. Aug 8, 2017 at 7:05 PM
    Parksareforever

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Access Cab
    Interesting. I'll try that soon. Can't wait to hear how it works.

18. Aug 8, 2017 at 7:09 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    Then just ground inside the tail light.
    The male goes to the wire going to the topper. And the female goes to the brake light. Then ground some where in there. U should be good to go. Let's us know how it works for ya.

19. Aug 8, 2017 at 7:46 PM
    Parksareforever

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Access Cab
    IMG_5764.jpg The black and red come from the shell to the back of the drivers side tail light. I'm a little lost on which to hook up to.

20. Aug 8, 2017 at 7:50 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    Well the black wire is the ground. And the red is the (violet).

Products Discussed in

To Top