1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

take off vibe, carrier bearing, cross member...help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Twiostaco, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Mar 23, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    Twiostaco

Twiostaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC TRD Sport
    5100's front set to .85 w/eibach springs, 5100 rear w/toytec 2"AAL, Light Race UCA, 17" Black Rhino Ocotillo wheels, 265/70/17 KO2's, K&N drop in filter, Grill Craft front mesh, one piece driveshaft (vibes gone) rear diff breather mod, BHLM, Fog anytime, 886 reverse bulbs.
    Took my truck to have warranty done on my carrier bearing. They wont honor the warranty because they said the rear cross member is pushed up towards the bed. They say from wheeling and hitting something or possibly car wreck. This caused bad angle of driveline which caused carrier bearing to fail. 1400.00 to get it all repaired (bought truck used) .

I didnt feel the vibes untill after my 2" AAL.

Soooooooo should i try a carrier bearing drop and replace carrier bearing to get it back in alignment???

Or

Should i fork out the cash for a 1 piece driveline?

2. Mar 23, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    bgbdwlf

bgbdwlf Well-Known Member

Member:
    surprise,az
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner Off Road
    bone stock for now
    if you have to pay out of your own pocket a one piece drive shaft is less than the repairs. if you plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off i would do the one piece shaft.

i have a lift on mine and no bent crossmember and trying to solve the vibes are going to be the life of me. so i found a driveline shop here that will make a one piece shaft for around $275 to $300 so i think that is my next investment.

3. Mar 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    06RadiantRed

06RadiantRed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    CA-Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road - RadRed!!
    ICON ext. Travel Coilovers, TC UCAs, Fox 2.0 FJ Rear Shox + 2"AAL rear
    My worst vibe is around 55mph after i installed the carrier bearing drop. Its tolerable but I think down the road I'm going to go with a one piece drive shaft. Maybe once my carrier bearing dies as well.

Tom Woods or get one made? Thats my question.

Do you have any pictures of the crossmember and how it is bent? Curious how bad it actually looks.

Products Discussed in

To Top