1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Talk me out of trading in for a Jeep !

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by MikeJones7989, May 9, 2017.

1. May 9, 2017 at 3:52 PM
    Wolftaco0503

Wolftaco0503 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White LONG BED TRD SPORT 4x4
    Maglite mod Bottle Opener in bed Weathertech Mats Front & Back
    And everybody loves a whore!!!

2. May 9, 2017 at 3:58 PM
    MoonKnight

MoonKnight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Oromocto New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    2018 silver Tacoma TRD or
    Until you feel the itch

3. May 9, 2017 at 4:04 PM
    Jaque8

Jaque8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD OR
    I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD-Offroad and a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Willys edition both sitting in my driveway, I've owned 4 Tacomas and this is my 2nd Jeep. Take it from someone with experience JEEPS FUCKING SUCK.

The Wrangler is the most overrated vehicle ever and the profit margins on them must be insane. The Willys edition had an MSRP $2k HIGHER than my offroad Tacoma and it is so fucking basic: no sound deadening, no acoustic or privacy glass, no quality fit and finish, like a 20 year old design they haven't need to R&D, basic ass old school headlights and taillights, no DRLs, exposed parts everywhere, no crawl control or fancy locker, no smartkey/touchscreen/navi, no tranny cooler or tow pkg, not even a backup camera. My point is it obviously cost Toyota a lot more $ to make the Tacoma than it did Jeep to make the Wrangler yet the Wrangler has a higher MSRP. I think the Wrangler is single handedly keeping Jeep profitable, if that segment was actually competitive I'd expect my Jeep to go for $25k not almost $40k!

The only reason to get a new wrangler is to look cool, just for image. They are absolutely horrible to drive on road, if you are seriously considering one go rent one for a week and I can almost guarantee you'll change your mind if its your only ride.

So why do I even have one?? Few reasons, I'm in the car business and get insanely stupid lease deals that I write off on my taxes AND my roommate splits the payment with me so he can use it too. So when its all said and done it costs me like $80/month to have it as a toy. I live on the beach in SoCal so I ripped off the doors and its our beach car, so I have a Wrangler because it LOOKS cool, that's it that's literally the only reason.

We love cruising around the beach in a naked jeep bumpin Kendrick Lamar. Its purely ego there is no logical reason for me to have this POS. If I wasn't in the business I would NEVER own one unless I was rich and just didn't give a fuck.

If you actually want to offroad buy an OLD Jeep as a second car and mod it out.

Cherokee wouldn't even consider unless you got a crazy deal on a used one, you'll lose your ass on resale on a new one. Grand Cherokee same story except they're even less reliable.

All that said, bitches love naked Jeeps:
    IMG_8673.jpg

MikeJones7989[OP] and Boerseun like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top