1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by WASTE MANAGEMENT, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Nov 5, 2010 at 9:44 PM

WASTE MANAGEMENT [OP] Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    First Name:
    Umatilla Florida
    97 tacoma 4x4 3.4 w/5 speed
    new 31x10.5 tires, mag wheels, drilled rotors, new sound, and a cb.
    I pulled a car on a car dolly the other day, a tire blew out and the car passed me. In the prosses the car made contact with the drivers side of my truck and made a bend in it. So I figured what better time than now to repaint it. I searched high and low and while out of town I located a good bed, but had no way to get it home. I got a good deal on the bed so I put it up side down on top of my bed and strapped it down for the 70 or so mile drive home. You should have seen the looks I got. I want to do most of the work myself so I started pulling parts to prep for the repaint.
    This is what I started with...

This is what started this thing
    And this is what it looks like after I took it apart. I sanded and primed the back of the cab so I can paint it before i put the new bed on. I still need to prime and paint the front of the bed too.
    This is where the interior was.
    And a pic of the new bed.
    I'm doing a lot of prep cause im changing the color. If i was going black I would have just sanded it and shot some new paint, I'm going to powder coat the bumpers and repowder the brush guard before I put it back together. I'm replacing a lot of stuff while im at it. I have taken a bunch of pictures, I will post more later today, if you guys want to see them.
    So let me know what you think...
  2. Nov 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    Pig Punisher

Pig Punisher Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Dearing ,ga
    07 4x4 sr5, 99 4x4 trd
    Walker Evans coilovers, 285/75/16 km2's, Allpro tube bumper, Warn m8000, custom spare tire carrier, rear bumper work in progress: the 99; tec one coilovers 32" km1's on 17" stock chevy steelies, 1.5" rear shackles
    Update? How are things coming along? Can't wait to see the new color.
To Top