1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tell me about/show me your truck sleeping setup

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by GJN1, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Mar 3, 2024 at 6:30 AM
    GJN1

GJN1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    GJ
    For those that camp in their truck bed or RTT, what bedding do you use? It's not the most complicated gear decision, but I'm curious what people have tried and liked that strikes a balance between comfort, packability, washability, etc. And any hacks or tips you've learned.

Mattresses, sheets, blankets/comforters, pillows/cases, other sleeping niceties (e.g. fans)--tell/show me everything!

2. Mar 3, 2024 at 8:00 AM
    TacoJoeBro

TacoJoeBro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Joe
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB OffRoad
    6112/5160 Icon RXT JBA KO2
    Two big ones for me in the RTT were swapping out mattress for an
    Exped megamat (way more comfortable and a decent R value for insulation) and a small clip on usb rechargeable fan. Fan helps with condensation and I sleep better with some air moving.

3. Mar 3, 2024 at 2:48 PM
    RichochetRabbit

RichochetRabbit Ping Ping Ping

Member:
    I was gifted a bed tent that just needed $12 of Tenacious Tape to fix a seam. Also was given a RightLine inflatable mattress and a foam pad that @OnePuttBlunder said gives a little more insulation from the truck bed (or maybe it was on top of the air mattress as a comfort level ... I will find out).

He has moved onto an RTT so he does not need this anymore and wanted to be a nice person.

RightLine makes a $200 bed tent that probably would have been my purchase. And I must now decide the proper mix of mini-campstoves and dehydrated food and fresh food and toilet facilities and ...

4. Mar 3, 2024 at 3:51 PM
    OnePuttBlunder

OnePuttBlunder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Offroad DCSB Prem+Tech Super White
    Use the foam on top of the air mattress for better insulation when temps drop below 40 degrees or you want to sleep with lighter top layer. I usually put a fleece blanket on top of it (down blankets promote too much sliding)

Had a lot of good trips with that tent set up and it gave me time to evaluate my long term plans and wants/needs for a more robust build out.

With that said next month I make the trip to Montana to have my Go Fast Camper installed. The GFC fit a lot of my needs and primarily offers a very robust but light weight package

Products Discussed in

To Top