1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Temp Gauge Calibration

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by knayrb, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Mar 29, 2011 at 3:45 PM

knayrb [OP] Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Somewhere in the square states
    2010 Dbl-Cab Off-Road
    Pure stock
    Usually in the early morning on the way to work I listen to our local news station. I work about a mile away from the actual broadcast studio where they also have weather equipment. On the radio every 15 minutes they announce the time and temperature at the station. I look at my temp gauge and it's about 2-5 degrees off. I have even deliberately driven by the station to check the trucks temp gauge with what they are saying. My Honda's temp gauge is usually right on or just a degree off.

Also my garage is attached to my house so the temp in the garage is about 15 degrees warmer on colder 30 degree days. It takes a good 10 minutes of driving before the temperature drops closer to the actual temperature outside. My Honda will sense a change of air temp in about 30 seconds.

Is my temp gauge whacked? Do others have the slow sensing time I have in my truck? Is there a known hack that re-calibrates the temperature gauge?
  2. Mar 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

May 8, 2008
    First Name:
    Tenoe, AZ
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    It all depends on where the temp station is located. Out here, Its normal for the temp to vary as much as 8 degrees or more from spot to spot.
To Top