1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Temp step -Tacoma 2016-2018 Hybrid Bolt On Sliders ?

Discussion in 'Demello Offroad' started by Mike O, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Feb 21, 2018 at 10:13 AM
    Mike O

Mike O [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR MGM Access Premium LB
    Mobtown Sliders, SSO Slimline bumper, Baja Amber lightbar & fogs, Sumo bump stops
    I'd really like to purchase some useful sliders. I purchased the truck with the Toyota Predators which are of course functionally useless - except for the steps. And unfortunately my wife now insists on steps. What to do......tap, tap, tap....

Looking around, I had seen that a small vendor (person?) had promised to deliver some sort of 'bolt on' (?) steps for typical round/tube sliders. To my knowledge, they never delivered. As these steps were pictured, they never seemed like a real solution to me anyway; due to the nature of bolting to something round.

But these Demello hybrid sliders appear that they might provide the base for a solution since there is a rectangular tube on the "inside". It seems to me that the rectangular tube would provide the stability required to avoid rotation. Maybe the design would utilize both tubes for stability. Of course this is a person talking that has never actually fabricated anything physical.

So the question is, "Can Demello design a step that can be removed on demand for these sliders?. Is it practical?"

I'd really like to use the truck as an off-road vehicle, but need both real sliders AND a step on the passenger side when not off-roading.

Thanks for any consideration that might be given.

2. Feb 22, 2018 at 9:19 AM
    JDEMELLO

JDEMELLO Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Corona Ca
    Vehicle:
    none
    We've done it before for a removable step. It's not very practical but we have done it.

3. Feb 22, 2018 at 10:08 AM
    Mike O

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Mobtown Sliders, SSO Slimline bumper, Baja Amber lightbar & fogs, Sumo bump stops
    Thanks, care to share the design you used and/or what you found to be impractical? To be clear, I'm not interested in copying, but interested in understanding why you don't find them practical and seem less than enthusiastic about building them. I want to take advantage of your experience by not insisting you build something for me that you don't really like.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  4. Mar 25, 2018 at 5:42 PM
    09tacohb

09tacohb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro
    Do you have a photo of what this bolt on step looks like?

5. Mar 25, 2018 at 5:50 PM
    Mike O

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Good luck...

6. Mar 25, 2018 at 6:04 PM
    PaulK

PaulK Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Dublin, OH (but still a Pittsburgh guy)
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Baja Access Cab
    If you want bolt-on sliders there are several options the do not require any drilling. Bay Area Metal Fab and Mobtown are the 100% no-drill options that I'm aware of, and both are just as strong as weld-ons without the commitment. I just got a pair of BAMF's back from my powder coating guy, and they are really nice. Niether has a removable step as an option on their website, but based on past exchanges I bet Mobtown would consider whipping something up for you. BAMF seems a bit too busy for custom stuff, and the waiting list for standard sliders is several months long.

7. Mar 25, 2018 at 7:16 PM
    Mike O

Member:
    Vehicle:
    A couple of us have asked Mobtown as well. See link for status. I suggest others let these vendors know what they are looking for.

PaulK[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jun 27, 2019 at 10:29 AM
    TheJungleJesse

TheJungleJesse Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDOR 4x4, Previously 02 SC'd PreRunner TRDOR
    33's on SEMA wheels, Bilstien 5100s, CaliRaised Sliders, Clazzio Seat covers, Dionos
    any word back on this? I'm interested as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top