1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tent for short box

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tanner, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    tanner

tanner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kitchener, ON
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab
    Hello,

I was recently on here asking about a cap that would accomodate my bike. After doing a bit of looking around, I found that some people have tents in their box instead.

My Tacoma is an '05 Double Cab with the short box. Do any of you have experience with this style of truck, putting a tent on the back? I'm 6' tall and a little concerned that if I just went out and bought one that it might not fit me or the truck very well. Also, I'm guessing that if I went the route of the tent, I would need to get a separate bike rack. Any suggestions for me so I can have a place to sleep and a place for my bike as well?

2. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    I have the same truck, and a topper, i sleep in my all the time, gotta angle your bod just right. That is of course you have the little lady with ya then just leave the tail gate down. She freaks on that, because she always thinks the bears are gonna come nibble on our feet.

3. Sep 24, 2010 at 5:48 PM
    Ammo guy

Ammo guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    scrumtrulescent
    BHLM, Black out badges, Weather Techs, Scan Gauge II, LED dome light, HID headlights, Hard tonneau cover

Just tell her that bears dont like feet

4. Sep 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    Jet

Jet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jet
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport
    I picked up a tent that was made to fit my 99 Ext-Cab Tacoma a few years ago from tentsontrucks.com, and it has worked fine, came with a rain skirt too. I have been looking into buying a tent for my 2011 SB, from what I have seen these guys sell them to fit shortbeds also. The one I bought was a return and I saved about $45 on the purchase.

[​IMG]

5. Sep 24, 2010 at 9:40 PM
    18seeds

18seeds Well-Known Member

Member:
    tanner, you seen the tent i am currently using. before that one i had a topper and just slept with the tailgate down. I had a SUV tent for the longer trips.

[​IMG]

What is nice about this is that you can put your bike in the topper. Better protection. What i didn't like about this is that you had to unload the truck bed to sleep. It was easier to sleep in the tent.

Products Discussed in

To Top