1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thank you Tacoma World

Discussion in 'New Members' started by blacksky, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Feb 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    blacksky

blacksky [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD 4x4 Double Cab LB Off Road Pkg
    Bilstein 5100 leveling kit, LED interior light kit, WeatherTech liners, 17" TRD wheels fitted with Falken Wildpeak AT/3 265/70R17 tires, Morimoto LED headlights, Diode Dynamics Pro fog lights
    Today I drove off a Toyota dealership with a FREE new suspension package on my 2008 thanks to the members of TW sharing info about the TSB. The Toyota dealership that completed the TSB is a mega-Toyota dealership in Atlanta that was extremely pleasant to deal with and they stated my Tacoma was the first vehicle they installed a TSB on. The service writer requested I contact them in a couple of days to inform them of the new ride characteristics and I can honestly state it is much improved. There is absolutely no harshness with the stiffer springs and that could be because of the new struts up front I also learned about on this site.

Two weeks ago I installed a set of Bilstein 5100's on the front and had them set at .85 to match the height of the stock suspension in the rear. I learned of the Billy's on this site and these struts made a HUGE difference in driving performance and stability.

When I learned that the TSB would raise the rear of the truck 1" on average I decided to have the Billy's adjusted to 1.75. The end result was a total lift of almost 2" in the front which now perfectly matches the height of the rear with the new spring setup.

When I saw my truck pull into the pickup lane I couldn't have been any happier. It was like I had a new truck being delivered. I couldn't believe the difference the TSB and Billy's set at 1.75 made. The mechanic that installed the TSB was a Certified Master Tech from Toyota and he stated he had never installed a TSB before and was very impressed with the end result. His exact words, "This is now one stout truck!"

Thank you again to all on TW. This is one great web site that I will continue to visit for as long as I own my Tacoma.

2. Feb 19, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    Awesome! Welcome to the site

3. Feb 19, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW!!

4. Feb 19, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    JAG

JAG Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to TW from another GA member.

5. Feb 20, 2010 at 4:30 AM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    I love a happy ending.:woot:
    Welcome to TW.

6. Feb 20, 2010 at 4:39 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    thats great Welcome to T/W:)

7. Feb 20, 2010 at 5:06 AM
    kanelakos

kanelakos Well-Known Member

Member:
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    16 DC LB Sport

I knew about the rear TBS but there is one for the struts up front too? Was the front a TBS also or just your doing from info here? Thanks for the feedback on the TBS and glad your happy! I have been thinking about doing the rear TBS also but as of yet I am not sure.

8. Feb 20, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    You're welcome ;)

9. Feb 20, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    blacksky

blacksky [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD 4x4 Double Cab LB Off Road Pkg
    Bilstein 5100 leveling kit, LED interior light kit, WeatherTech liners, 17" TRD wheels fitted with Falken Wildpeak AT/3 265/70R17 tires, Morimoto LED headlights, Diode Dynamics Pro fog lights
    The TSB I was referring to replaced the factory leaf springs in the rear which went from a 3 to 4-leaf setup. If my truck didn't have the TRD off-road package the rear struts would have been replaced as well. The TSB does not include the front struts.

I chose to replace the front struts on my own after reading the many positives from members of this site. The Bilstein 5100's made a huge difference in handling.

I would highly recommend having the TSB done. To be frankly honest, I now have the truck I thought I was buying when I chose a Tacoma with off-road setup. Up until now I have not been totally satisfied with the fact that my truck would bottom out with only 4 adults and no load in the back simply crawling over a speed bump. There is not a hint of that happening now.

The biggest benefit in my eyes is the lift I got. For less than $400 in parts and labor for the front struts and a FREE suspension lift in the rear I have gained an OEM lift package without the concerns of a true lift kit.

That's my two cents.

10. Feb 20, 2010 at 12:33 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    thats awesome!!

Welcome to TW

Products Discussed in

To Top