1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

THE BEST dam chocolate milk you could ever have

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by neontrail, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Oct 24, 2008 at 10:38 AM
    neontrail

neontrail [OP] ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    [​IMG]
    First, I’ve got to get this recipe out of the way—this recipe for a homemade, ABSOLUTELY DECADENT chocolate milk mix you keep cold in the fridge and mix with ice cold milk whenever the craving strikes. First, let me warn you: it’s evil. It’s rich. It’s only to be enjoyed in moderate amounts. But the good news is, you have complete control over The Evil Factor by choosing whether to use Skim, 1%, or 2% Milk. Let’s hear it for choices in life!
    The closest thing comparison I can draw to this substance is the dark brown storebought syrup in the bottle. But make no mistake: once you take a sip chocolate milk made with this easy-to-make homemade mix, you may never buy the syrupy stuff again.
    After the recipe, I’d like to hear from you guys about philosophical and theological intricacies of chocolate milk, so please don’t R-U-N-N-O-F-T.​

[​IMG]To begin, find a medium-small skillet. Then scrub it with an S.O.S. pad so you won’t embarrass yourself by revealing your hard water stains.​

[​IMG]Pour 1 cup of heavy (whipping) cream into the pan.​

[​IMG]Do not be afraid. The cream means you no harm, and you’ll only wind up having a little bit of it per serving. Bring it to a low boil over medium-high heat.​

[​IMG]Grab 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate and break it into pieces. I happened to have this particular brand, but heck, a handful of lowly chocolate chips will do.​

[​IMG]I’ve really found that semi-sweet is best. You can use bittersweet chocolate, but you’ll probably wind up adding sugar to your chocolate milk, and that can get out of hand really quickly. ​

[​IMG]When the cream is hot, add the chocolate to the pan…​

[​IMG]And turn off the heat.​

[​IMG]Whisk the mixture slowly…​

[​IMG]Until chocolate is melted and smooth.
    Be sure to whisk the mixture at least a couple of minutes; you want the chocolate and the cream to become one. At this point, I also stir in 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, just for kicks. But that’s entirely optional.​

[​IMG]Now, find a good container in which to pour this delicious substance. I normally use a very handy “squirter”, which is nothing more than a translucent ketchup squirt bottle. It’s the best thing for the job in this case, because eventually in the fridge, the mix gets quite thick. A squirt bottle just means you don’t have to dirty up a spoon. Because, you know, cleaning dirty spoons is a homemaker’s biggest burden.
    Anyway, I’m using a Weck canning jar. Why? you ask? Well, it’s simple: because my boys decided to take my two translucent plastic ketchup squirt bottles and feed Puddin’, our calf, orange juice. I don’t think it went very well for them—Puddin’ apparently got a little ticked off that milk wasn’t coming from the spigot they offered, and she booted my older boy in the bottom. I don’t think she did it to be mean; calves tend to ram the udders of their mamas when they want milk to come out. But my boy was traumatized all the same, and to make a long story short, Charlie ran off with my two bottles and chewed them to smithereens.
    Reading the previous paragraph, I’m more perplexed than ever as to why anyone on earth even continues reading this site.
    Anyway, find yourself a vessel.
    And pour in the sweet chocolate nectar:​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]Put on the lid.​

[​IMG]Now comes the challenge: do not eat this with a spoon. Don’t do it, I tell you—you’ll hate yourself in the morning.​

[​IMG]Just stick it in the fridge and it’ll keep up to two weeks! And if you’re like my household, it won’t last any longer than that.​

[​IMG]When you’re ready to make a glass of the good stuff, grab some pretty stemware that used to be your grandmother’s. Close your eyes and remember her beautiful wrinkles. And how she used to laugh at everything you said. Mouth the words, “I love you, Grandma Helen,” and consider getting back into needlepoint, because Grandma Helen loved needlepoint.​

[​IMG]Pour about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mix into the glass…​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]How much you use depends on how chocolaty you want your milk…but trust me: a little goes a long way.​

[​IMG]Next, grab your milk of choice and splash it in. ​

[​IMG]Here’s the good news: because the chocolate mix contains rich cream, you can easily use Skim or 1% milk. It’ll still be as rich as rich can be. ​

[​IMG]And if you use Skim milk, THERE ARE NO, CALORIES…RIGHT?
    Kinda. Sorta. Never mind.​

[​IMG]
    Now, here’s the key: you need to stir the mixture vigorously. Especially if it’s been in a cold fridge, it’ll be a little firm. But all you have to do is STIR! And even still, there are some nice, delicious bits of chocolate here and there. To me, this is the beauty of homemade drinking chocolate.​

Source I love this woman!

2. Oct 24, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
  3. Oct 24, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    ANDYTACOMA

ANDYTACOMA NOMAD

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab trd offroad 4x4 black sand pe
    fog light mod /parking light mod /after market stereo /bed lights/yeasu ft8700/uniden bct15
    thats looks sooooo good

4. Oct 24, 2008 at 10:55 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    My GF is a chocoholic. This will make her happy. When she is happy, I am happy. And being happy makes me very happy. Thanks!

5. Oct 24, 2008 at 1:06 PM
    neontrail

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    Well lets ALL be happy and drink choco milk :)

6. Oct 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Yum!! Great post!

7. Oct 24, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    neontrail

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
  8. Oct 26, 2008 at 11:34 AM
    trcksr4grls

trcksr4grls Prayers for Bill and Michelle

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 08 Super White Prerunner
    See hunny this is why I share a bed with you ..... mmmmmmm

Products Discussed in

To Top