1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The best place to mount your antennas...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ratfink504, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Nov 9, 2011 at 8:32 AM

ratfink504 [OP] Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    First Name:
    New Orleans
    RIP 06 Tacoma Two Tone TRD Sport 4x4
    Everyone is asking where to mount antennas so here you go...

You ideally want to get the antenna as close to the center of the truck and as high as you can get it. By mounting it in the middle of your truck you now have an Omni directional pattern so your signal is more like a circle. That will get you the best TX and RX pattern. Now if you mount it on the back of your truck you will get better TX/RX wherever your truck is pointing and poorer TX/RX behind your truck. Also our beds are plastic so you NEED to run a ground wire from the antenna to the frame IF you do not use an antenna that has an isolated ground plane built into like the Firesticks.

I’ve been a Ham Radio Operator for 10 years now and my call is W2XXX. I may not know everything with radios but I do know enough to get me in to trouble lol. I hope this helps anyone who is looking to mount antennas on their trucks!

To Top