1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The dragons tail, NC April 10th

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by SampleFool, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Mar 29, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    SampleFool

SampleFool [OP] Three Percenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    Silver
    08 off-road
    So this would be a hobby right? April 10th me and a couple friends are going to be at the Dragons tail if anyone would like to join in. We are going the 9th and leaving the 11th, there is a camp ground about 10 mins away called Fontana dam.

2. Mar 29, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors
    Hope you don't plan on driving the whole thing. They closed it cuz of the rock slide. But if this is a different Dragon I'll just sit back in my corner. :D

3. Mar 29, 2010 at 8:30 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The Tail of the Dragon is just one road in an area that is LOADED with GREAT rides. Yeah...It's 318 turns in 11 miles- but it's also loaded with cops and slammed with people. Plus the rock slides.

There are TONS of other roads to ride thru that area- Enjoy the trip. I've got some stuff going on that weekend or I would totally think about it!!

4. Mar 29, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    Outlaw

Outlaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX470
    Water Pump, Timing Belt, Sparkplugs, Plastidip Grill emblem
    I friggin wish I could! If the Dragon is closed, soooo many other sweet roads in that area. I recommend riding the Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Cherohala Skyway. Stop in Maggie Valley and visit the Wheels Through Time museum.
    Its amazing!
    Have fun and keep the shiny side up!

5. Mar 29, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    SampleFool

SampleFool [OP] Three Percenter

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Ga
    Vehicle:
    Silver
    08 off-road
    It still is closed due to the rock slide, but there are so many different roads around there. We plan to ride to the blockage turn around, ride around to the other side and ride to the blockage and ride back. cherohala pkwy will prob be our route to go around.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top