1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Drifter - Specs and FAQ

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by Iggy, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 21, 2020 at 7:26 PM
    tyfoon11

tyfoon11 Raguel

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Where bald eagles roam, Ca
    garden shed
    Uncanny :p

2015whitetaco and EDDO like this.
  2. Mar 21, 2020 at 7:49 PM
    Anderson

Anderson Dudemanbro

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    ProBro
    Stuff
    Exactly. I am The Local Pestcontrol Guy...

Shaggs likes this.
  3. Mar 21, 2020 at 9:14 PM
    tyfoon11

tyfoon11 Raguel

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Where bald eagles roam, Ca
    garden shed
    Need a cape

The Exterminator

in my best Arnie impersonation

Anderson likes this.
  4. Mar 24, 2020 at 7:38 PM
    Kclamer

Kclamer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Konstantin
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4
    2.5" lift, 4.88 gears
    Does anyone know if VO been able to operate their business? I saw on IG that GooseGear has stopped production.

parttimedirtbag likes this.
  5. Mar 25, 2020 at 10:46 AM
    joeydurango

joeydurango Nightfall Overland

Member:
    SW Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Heavily modified 2015 TRD w/Drifter
    I've been waiting on a "8-12 week" DeMello bumper for 17 weeks. Looks like that might not happen for a long while yet, now. Not sure about VO, but as I understand it California companies must be classified as "essential" in order to stay in operation. Don't know whether VO, DeMello, or other manufacturing companies in the recreational space are classified as essential.

parttimedirtbag and Anderson like this.
  6. Mar 25, 2020 at 9:24 PM
    4wdExplorer

4wdExplorer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County, CA
    This.

I don’t think I can handle anymore delays. I’m over 1 year already and no confirmation on pick up.

7. Mar 25, 2020 at 9:57 PM
    tacoburn327

tacoburn327 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    They're essential for our sanity, especially now! :)

8. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:24 AM
    SDGrandpaTaco

SDGrandpaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma TRD DC
    I guess the VO guys or Anderson can answer. But I would say auto repair shops can remain open. A local off road supplier shop local to me in SoCal is using this "exemption" to remain open.

9. Mar 26, 2020 at 7:27 AM
    excav8tor

excav8tor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    vic
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD sport 4x4 White
    All the offroad shops are still operational around me in Highland, Redlands, Yucaipa. I'm sure Vo is still going strong.

10. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:52 AM
    SenatorBlutarsky

SenatorBlutarsky Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2017 Ford Transit by Axis Vehicle Outfitters
    I work in medical lab testing. I'm heavily involved in COVID-19 testing and interact with ER staff and public health experts on a daily basis...

In my opinion, no auto shop should be open to the public right now. I could understand having minimal staff to handle broken down cars, but anything "elective" is unnecessary and irresponsible.

Now the VO guys are a bit different since the bulk of their work is just 5(?) guys in a shop with plenty of room to spread out. Deliveries are less than ideal though. The actual install could probably be done without too much risk, but the bigger issue to me is the distances some people have to drive to get their drifter. The risk of carrying the virus to other parts of the country, especially small towns, is not worth it.

Not trying to tell anyone what they should do or not do, just spreading some information as someone directly involved in handling this pandemic.

11. Mar 26, 2020 at 8:54 AM
    Wackyhacky

Wackyhacky A Well Known Troublemaker

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Berthoud, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB
    And not to mention, if their suppliers start closing up shop, then there is little the VO guys can do, as sad as that realization is. It just trickles down.

12. Mar 26, 2020 at 9:10 AM
    tacomgee

tacomgee just ain't care....

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    NorCal - Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2015 Supercharged Taco
    Mostly whatever sweet stuff I can find at Vatozone
    I can wait as long as this shit takes to get my camper as long as it means my friends are healthy and safe.
    That’s the only thing that really matters in times like this.

Does it suck that our campers may be delayed? Yes.
    But it would definitely suck more to see one of the VO crew, who are all good friends of mine, get sick and have to deal with what many people are out there dealing with right now :notsure:

Stay safe people.

13. Mar 26, 2020 at 9:29 AM
    anomalyTRD

anomalyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford F150
    VO Nomad
    This.

14. Mar 26, 2020 at 9:30 AM
    Anderson

Anderson Dudemanbro

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    ProBro
    Stuff
    I second This ^^^

I live in very close proximity to VO HQ but I haven’t been in over a week. I am sheltering in place when I am not out working( my company provides an “Essential Service”) and I have my customers notified that I will only be responding to emergencies or prearranged appointments that were scheduled before this all came crashing down on our heads.

I can say that I am making forward progress with the design process for the 3rd gen antenna cover.

15. Mar 26, 2020 at 9:53 AM
    JDEMELLO

JDEMELLO Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Corona Ca
    Vehicle:
    none
    We are still open, but operating at about 80% capacity. While we fall under "essential" some of our suppliers do not and also some are just choosing to be safe and stay home. We can't fault them for that but it's put a huge kink in our already strained supply system. We are fulfilling orders daily and catching up on everything we can. Little things that normally wouldn't slow us down right now are but we are pushing forward as best we can. I don't recognize your name in our system but shoot me an e-mail jason@demello-offroad.com and I can get you a better answer.

I know right now the major held up products are aluminum, we just got a shipment of aluminum products and it's not all that we had hope to get on this one but we are doing our best to full fill what we have.

afcivmedic and parttimedirtbag like this.
  16. Mar 26, 2020 at 10:04 AM
    joeydurango

joeydurango Nightfall Overland

Member:
    SW Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Heavily modified 2015 TRD w/Drifter
    Hey Jason, didn't mean to sound snarky at all - I completely understand that this COVID-19 situation is unprecedented and I fully expect things to be abnormal for a long, long time. (I literally just finished emailing all my current customers with pending orders with an update since we got shut down as a non-essential business this morning by the state government.) I was just giving my analogous situation to perhaps shed light on the situation for VO's pending customers. Happily I already have my Drifter and I'm just spending the time tinkering in the garage, building it out - and putting in a big garden in the back yard. ;)

I already emailed Heidi, but I'll email you as well - maybe she's not working with all this happening.

parttimedirtbag and GonzoQuick like this.
  17. Mar 26, 2020 at 11:34 AM
    Overlanerd

Overlanerd Vagabond Outdoors

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Benicia
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB 4x4 OR 6spd
    315/75 R16 Falken MT's, SCS Ray 10's, Vagabond Drifter pop-up camper, BAMF sliders, Relentless skids, BAMF bumper, winch, Pelfreybilt rear bumper, Custom Alcan rear springs, King 2.5 coilovers w/ 700# springs, BAMF relocate kit with 12" Kings, Total Chaos UCA's, dual AGM batteries, kitchen sink & toilet (sold separately)
    We are making progress, in a limited capacity. We are all carefully monitoring the rapidly changing circumstances, following guidelines from the CDC, county and state mandates, and health authorities.

Visits are currently not allowed, and we are unsure about pickups until the state and county orders are lifted.

For the past few months we managed to stock up on critical long- lead items, prior to the state order, so we are poised to handle any supplier delays. Once the order is lifted, we’ll be working at full capacity.

We have to balance the safety of our customers and employees, the growth of the business, and our responsibility to society. We appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding in this situation our world is facing right now. We’ll come out of this stronger.

18. Mar 26, 2020 at 12:38 PM
    STravis

STravis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Ruidoso, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Hey Phil, I emailed the shop but you might be able to answer my question here. Are you guys selling the relentless bedside caps for short bed second gens?

19. Mar 27, 2020 at 2:05 PM
    JDEMELLO

JDEMELLO Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Corona Ca
    Vehicle:
    none
    No worries, she is here but on a more limited schedule. She's been trying to update everyone but everytime she gets done with a group, we find someone else that's not been updated yet.

GonzoQuick likes this.
  20. Mar 27, 2020 at 4:56 PM
    goffredo

goffredo Active Member

Member:
    Thank you. It is extremely upsetting that people originating from shelter-in-place counties / states are still traveling. (I would argue that the entire country should have been on shelter-in-place weeks ago, but that's another discussion entirely) Even if you use hand sanitizer at the gas pump and bring your own food, who knows if you have a blow-out and need to work with a local shop, or decide to stop in and get a sandwich from Subway. It's incredibly selfish and dangerous. Stay at home people, this is serious.

I got my Nomad about 3 days before my state was put on shelter-in-place. Believe me, I am itching to take it out on its maiden voyage, but I don't want to spread this virus if I have it. I have friends who are going on weekend camping trips, and there are floods of tourists ignoring their shelter-in-place order to come up to the "safety" of my tiny little resort town, originating from the mega Covid hot-spot that is the California bay area. It's insane how selfish these people are. When this thing hits the exponential growth part of the curve, I think the locals are going to start torching the lexuses and teslas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top