1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

the entune app 2017

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by capequahog, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Feb 23, 2017 at 12:41 PM
    matt636

matt636 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central, IL
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB Inferno

Thanks for the answers! I too am on an iphone. what I'm trying to avoid is entune not allowing me to use my phone while driving... I'd be happy to install entune if it changes nothing more than just a data connecting point for my head unit. but, if it tries to disable my phone during driving I can't have that. maybe i'll install it and then if I don't like it I can always uninstall it.

agree about the negative reviews and people venting on other things.

I hope I don't have to acknowledge soemthign on my phone everytime it connects.

2. Feb 23, 2017 at 12:51 PM
    gpb

gpb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2017 White DCSB TRDOR 4x4
    Haven't had any issue with entune preventing me from doing something while at a stop or rolling up to a red light, nor has it prevent my passenger from doing anything on my phone while moving.

You can always uninstall the app if you don't like it. As I said I've typically only had to acknowledge the popup if I'm doing something with the phone when the truck connects. Since I'm usually more focused on getting in and going somewhere the screen is off and I don't seem to see it. I'll see if the new version continues that behavior.

3. Feb 23, 2017 at 1:03 PM
    TBV

TBV Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oakland CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDOR 6MT
    So my phone likes to connect to the radio via BT and then it plays music via the default music player (in my case, Google Play Music). The radio displays artist/song/album title and allows pause/play/skip/etc functionality. That's all fine and I like that.

Installing the Entune app seemed to break all that. Wouldn't auto-play any more, and no artist/song info, and the play/pause controls no longer worked. AND furthermore I had to scroll through all the apps I never use (Pandora, etc) every time I go through the Source list. Dumb!

So I uninstalled the app and everything seems back to where I like it.

TL;DR: entune app is dumb

4. Feb 23, 2017 at 1:08 PM
    gpb

gpb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2017 White DCSB TRDOR 4x4
    No such issue with iOS here.

Also why don't you reorder the audio source tiles in the headunit to put your most used ones first? List order in the instrument cluster seems to follow that order.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017

Products Discussed in

To Top