1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The love hate relationship shall begin.

Discussion in 'New Members' started by TinyBauman, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Oct 14, 2011 at 7:53 AM
    TinyBauman

TinyBauman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tiny
    NJ-South
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma DC
    Hello Gentlemen,
    First and foremost I want to start by thanking all of you, I have a few hobbies in the world and have spent significant time creepin around forums for info and advice and I must say that the friendly and mature atmosphere on here is surprisingly refreshing. Thanks for that.
    I drive and work out of my truck for a living. I've never owned a new vehicle or for that matter a truck less than 6 years old. So needless to say the excitement I felt when given the green light to go shop for a NEW truck. (I get all giggly inside just thinkin about it.)
    I was looking for 4dr, 4x4 midsize truck. Naturally I went right to the Toyota site just based on the stellar reputation there trucks have. I also test drove Nissan frontier Suzuki equinox. Neither came close. The Tacoma was an easy sell for me, and with safety and reliability reputation it was easy sell to the boss lady.
    Now to the hate part. When looking into the truck I was immediately drawn to the TRD OR pkg. But when shopping the dealerships the best numbers were not within the budget to finance we had. So I came here, to research and attempt to sell myself off of needing it. Well that back fired. Instead of deciding it wasn’t ness, the info and pics on here made me want to skip the TRD and jump right into the next step up for most things. Thanks guys, I am officially a fiend who has not even taken his first hit. It’s cool though I look forward to a long loving relationship with this truck and community. Thanks again for the help, t-minus 5 hrs. until I go pick her up!
    Tiny

2. Oct 14, 2011 at 7:56 AM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Welcome to TW from Orlando!

Post up some pics as soon as you pick her up!

Fink

3. Oct 14, 2011 at 7:56 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    You sound as excited as i was. Congrats !!!!

4. Oct 14, 2011 at 7:57 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Welcome to TW! I love my 2010 DC. It's the best new choice I've ever made.

5. Oct 14, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV[​IMG]
    Yes if you do serious off roading the TRD stuff gets replaced with better stuff. No TRD for me.

6. Oct 14, 2011 at 9:02 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
  7. Oct 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM
    TinyBauman

TinyBauman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tiny
    NJ-South
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma DC
    Thanks for reading and responses, I drove her off the lot at 5pm with 8 miles. I punched out at 2am with about 200 miles(?pretty close but will confirm in the am). She def made me proud.

I am curious about few thing that im to going search but any opinions or links to good opinions will be appreciated.

What is a realistic break in period with moderatly high use, equal highway and city? And any noticable difference?

First maintance is recommended at 5000 miles? Seems long i am usually between 3 to 4000 miles.

How easy is it void warranty? considering getting trd parts and new wheels. Im not positive what, if anything has to be done by a dealer. Feel like they are just tring to sell me.

Thanks again guys, now for the candy. Pic sucks but I will getter better tomm when i have a chance to stand still.....oh first mods- all weather floor mats- seat covers-oakley sticker in the pattern of old faithfull..lol

2011-10-14_18-32-25_560_69d8179907d42cbe0a0371b0e6d2f06e8ad968aa.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top