1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The "My Taco got totaled before I could MOD" sale.

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by kmartin4, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    kmartin4

kmartin4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    TRD offroad
    Well, I had all the gear almost ready to completely mod my 2005 taco TRD access cab (except for the FJ Anthracite wheels & Nitto Terra Grapplers that were ALREADY mounted) and it got wrecked and totaled in an ice storm a couple of weeks ago. (Anthracite wheels & tires ruined and not recoverable.)

Anyway, as they say my loss is your gain. Here's the list of items for sale:

Factory gun metal grey grille (I think metal grey metallic is the official name.) (CORRECTION...the color code is Base Grey 4390 PICS later in thread) $100

"MetalMiller" TOYOTA emblem for Satoshi grill $45 Sold

Custom carpeted sub box & terminal cap for 10" down-firing sub $100 This sits, hole-down, right behind the center console and gives the rear seat passengers an armrest. Sold Pending Funds...taking backup offers.

Complete *********.com 6.5" speaker & 5-channel amp mounting kit. This includes the front & rear door brackets, the tweeter brackets, the hardware kit, the wiring kit for the 5-channel setup, rca cables, power cables, speaker wire, fuse block, zip ties etc. I spent over $360 on ********* stuff. It is all yours for $250. I will split the Taco Tunes stuff up if asked. Also, I got the extra long wires so this will work in a double cab, too. Speaker / Tweeter Brackets sold.
    Wiring kit still available.

And finally, the stereo. I have a DDIN Fujitsu Eclipse AVN-6620 DVD / NAV unit that also includes the Sirius interface, the iPod interface, and the Bluetooth interface. I have the Scosche Tacoma dash mount plate. I am not selling my Polk 6.5" speakers, the Alpine amp, or the JL sub since I'm hoping I can make them fit the Silverado (yech) that I'll be driving for awhile. The complete AV / Nav system is yours for $600 obo. I'm not inclined to split these up since they are all proprietary to the head unit. SOLD

Please PM or email me with any questions. Obviously, I'm taking a pretty good loss on most of this stuff, but that pales in comparison to the loss of watching my truck towed away in pieces. That said, I'll be happy to split shipping since some of this stuff is big / bulky. Just send me your zipcode and what item you're interested in and I'll send a quote. I would prefer USPS money order or Paypal for payment. I have over 400 positive feedback & a 100% verifiable rating on ebay so buy in confidence of a super smooth deal.

Tues Night update - OK. Just to clarify...NONE of these items for sale were in the wreck. Hell, none of them even ever got installed. The only mods I'd been able to do were FJ rims & tires (for which the sucky insurance company didn't care how rare & cool they were and gave me no additional value for their loss).

2nd- I do NOT have tow hooks, jacks, toolkit, overhead compass, or anything else that was on the truck when wrecked. The insurance company wanted $3K to by back the vehicle after settlement and my HOA wouldn't look to kindly if Sanford & Son opened up shop in my front yard. Sorry to be so blunt guys, but I'm only selling the mod components that were staged to be installed next and that are in the ad.

Thanks Tacoma World & everyone here.
    Keith

taco.jpg
    taco2.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    You sir have a PM

3. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    might pull the trigger on the toyota symbol.

4. Jan 30, 2011 at 8:32 PM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill
    soo no anthracite rims? :D lol

5. Jan 30, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    kmartin4

kmartin4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    TRD offroad

Nope...I got plowed and rolled it 2x. Then on top of that, the roll-back wrecker truck had to pull it on its side scraping the drivers side wheels on the pavement for about 20 ft before it was in position to flip it on its feet. All 4 FJ rims were bent / gouged beyond repair. It was brutal to watch.

6. Jan 31, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill
    Damn, sorry about the truck! Glad you're okay

7. Jan 31, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    Speaker rings are MINE :D

8. Jan 31, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Silverdale, WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 F-150 FX4
    its so tempting ><

9. Jan 31, 2011 at 7:37 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    The MetalMiller Toyota letters are top notch! Just put some on my satoshi!

10. Jan 31, 2011 at 7:48 PM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    sweet, glad to hear that haha. picking them up

11. Feb 1, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    docbrown

docbrown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Eclipse 6620 AVN GPS/DVD, K&N Drop-in Air Filter, Hose clamp mod, Redline Quick Lift Elites, Bilstein 5100's at .85, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags, Weather Techs front and back, Bug Guard, and Factory Bull Bar, Wet Okole's up front, Bed Mat, LED interior lights, Fumoto Oil Valve
    Bump. The AVN6620 is a good unit. FYI the factory harness plugs right into the unit - no adapters required.

12. Feb 1, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    imtwistd

imtwistd Going nowhere as fast as possible

Member:
    First Name:
    I forgot
    Liverpool NY
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab long bed sport 4x4 beast
    AllPro offroad front LT with Fox 2.5 shox and AllPro expedtion rear springs with Fox piggy back res shox, TRD skid plate, Toyota roof rack, Undercover tonnuea cover, Pro comp 3" lift, 4 Pro comp 8" offroad lights, 17" XD Series "SPY", Nfab tube steps and light bar, Fitch Fuel, Flexalite fan, Unichip, URD cai, TRD supercharger, URD y-pipe, Banks monster cat back, debadged, projection head lighs, LED tail lights and a loud stereo, Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear, Doug Thorley long tube headers, Walboro 255 fuel pump, KC rock guards on my Pro Comp 8" lights
    Happy to know that you were able to walk away. Total bummer on the truck:(

13. Feb 1, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    jobrien

jobrien shit happens then you die

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ontario California
    Vehicle:
    2011 single cab base 4x4
    Bed mat, cleats, scangauge, new headlight bulbs, weather techs, more to come
    Got any emblems pm me how much for shipping to 92325

14. Feb 1, 2011 at 6:14 PM
    kmartin4

kmartin4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    TRD offroad
    Sorry, the MetalMiller antlers & TOYOTA emblems I had are SOLD.

15. Feb 2, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    PM'd

Just want to make sure the Grill is indeed the Magnetic Grey Metallic. There have been a lot of stock colored grey grills floating around lately that are close but not MGM.

16. Feb 2, 2011 at 8:54 AM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    if you can get to it I would take your climate controls...

17. Feb 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    kmartin4

kmartin4 [OP] Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    TRD offroad

I just pulled the grille out of the box and the sticker on the back says "BASE 4390"

This was the grille that the dealership parts counter guy said matched my FJ antracite rims. He referred to it as the metallic gunmetal grey color, but from what lembowski is saying, there may be two very close shades of grey that Toyota uses on these grilles. I called my dealership, but they are closed due to the blizzard we had. I will take another pic of just the grille and post it here later.

Thanks again, guys!

Keith

18. Feb 2, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    maui_con3

maui_con3 Member

Member:
    Im interested in the grill if its the right shade for the tacoma.

19. Feb 2, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    x ynot

x ynot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    lucedale, ms
    Vehicle:
    06 xrunner and 99 prerunner
    step side k&n air filter tool box and running boards
    i hate being broke i want a project grille

20. Feb 3, 2011 at 10:13 AM