1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Official Gym & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Health' started by TyT, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Sep 7, 2016 at 12:37 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Has anyone done the Stronglifts 5x5? I have gotten some decent size for my frame over the years, but I have never been all that "strong". Looking for a good program to follow for strength gains for 6ish months of bulking that I plan to do.

2. Sep 7, 2016 at 12:43 PM
    BabyTaco

BabyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    Starting strength is a solid program. Actually follow it though. Don't be the jackass that blows off the rest days because you are "alpha". You also need a partner to really follow it.

Newlife likes this.
  3. Sep 7, 2016 at 12:48 PM
    tacopaulo

tacopaulo Tanned

Member:
    First Name:
    Paulo
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    red truck
  4. Sep 7, 2016 at 1:16 PM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    I have a friend that does the Westside programs and he's the most jacked natty dude I know.

LocoLocal likes this.
  5. Sep 7, 2016 at 2:02 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    I can't seem to find a decent outline for this?

6. Sep 7, 2016 at 2:21 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    But is he really natty

7. Sep 7, 2016 at 2:28 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    Seems like nobody is anymore, but when I was lean I had a few people ask me if I was. I'm like dude "I'm 6'2", 182 lbs, and have 16 inch arms"... You must not know what steroids look like.

That's the thing that sucks. Everyone I look up to or know that has a physique that I would like to have if you get to know them well enough they pretty much have all done it at some point in time. It's pretty demotivating honestly.

8. Sep 7, 2016 at 2:52 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    Right in the feels. When I found out some of the people I were chasing a physique were a little part of me died. Hell even furious Pete has supposedly hit the steroidal punch and for the longest was one of my biggest influences. And doesn't even have the dream physique most do. Hell yes pretty much dad bod now

9. Sep 7, 2016 at 2:58 PM
    Kerleyfries

Kerleyfries Idk what the hell I'm doing

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Lebanon
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 F150 and SAS ‘98 4runner
    I think test has too much of a negative connotation when likened to roids. It's just an extra bit of testosterone in your body, kinda like taking a protein shake. But, ya know, through a needle in your ass cheek. Now tren, dbol etc.. I can't speak for.

TheEIT and TacoMEDIC like this.
  10. Sep 7, 2016 at 3:34 PM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    ^^That. I done it. Added some decent numbers to my lifts. Helped me eclipse 1000# club last winter.

11. Sep 7, 2016 at 5:15 PM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/westside-for-skinny-bastards-1

This guy is. He's not overly huge to where it's obvious, but he's just strong as hell. Probably 5'11'' and 180 lbs and 8-9% bf, but his legs are like damn tree trunks.

x2. If you don't abuse it, it's not all that bad. Test, dbol, tren, deca, etc. can all be done safely if done correctly. Most people look at it as cheating, but if you're in the business of competing to be strong or muscular or even if you just wanna look good on the beach, it's a means to an end. If your goal is going to be to get from point a to point b, might as well do it as efficiently (and safely) as possible. The problem comes in when folks abuse it and give it all a bad rep.

Y'all gotta understand that these guys in the industry have to do it to keep up with the competition. It sucks, but if everyone else is doing it, you have to, too. A lot of people say, "oh, I cold look like that if I did roids, too", but that's probably untrue because these people had kick-ass physiques, diets, and training prior to juicing, as well.

A supplement company isn't gonna have some skinny dude as their poster boy. The sponsored athletes have to deny it....Steve Cook for instance: ON makes millions off him because people think they can look like him if they take ON products. If Steve admits to juicing, kids aren't gonna buy the products because they're gonna attribute to gains to roids. Sad, but it's the truth...they gotta lie because that's how they make money. It seems shitty, but it's marketing in general. Products across all mediums lie to say you'll get women, better looks, etc. This is one of the big reasons I preach against the so-called need for supplements. There ins't anything in any supplement store that is gonna throw on muscle mass any faster than anything in a grocery store. Steroids, however, can obviously yield the results they claim to make.

TL;DR: If you're going to waste your money on a countertop full of crap, you might as well go visit the dude in your gym locker room with the fanny pack and get something worthwhile.

I'm not advocating the use of steroids, but if you're going to buy something that claims to add mass, you're better off buying something that will do just that. I've said it 1000 times: the day they become legal, I'm jumping on the wagon and never looking back. I've been researching them for 3-4 years and feel like I know more than most people using them, but as long as they're illegal, it's just not worth it to me.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  12. Sep 7, 2016 at 6:00 PM
    memario1214

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    We're in the same boat. Well said.

Newlife and Kerleyfries like this.
  13. Sep 7, 2016 at 6:21 PM
    Kerleyfries

Kerleyfries Idk what the hell I'm doing

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Lebanon
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 F150 and SAS ‘98 4runner
    TL;DR take test.

14. Sep 8, 2016 at 4:45 AM
    LocoLocal

LocoLocal Aspiring Polymath

Member:
    39.081221472127545, -77.45538862919935
    Vehicle:
    Large American
    TL;DR: Zach is an inch away form using steroids.

15. Sep 8, 2016 at 5:30 AM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Chestnbis this morning. I can hardly move my arms...

incline db press: 4 sets
    bb bench press: 4 sets
    pec dec flys: 4 sets (tried to do incline flys, but it killed my shoulder...I think my weighted fly days are over)
    cable crossovers: 4 sets

incline db curls: 3 sets
    standing bb curls: 3 sets
    standing preacher curls: 3 dropsets

[​IMG]

16. Sep 8, 2016 at 6:00 AM
    tacopaulo

tacopaulo Tanned

Member:
    First Name:
    Paulo
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    red truck
    It's game day! And I'm done being in a deficit. It's starting to affect my studies I think. Last night I couldn't focus on school because all I was thinking about were waffles. I weighed in at 157 today pre morning shit and right there it hit me in the feels. Felt small AF. Dadbod winter 2016 here I come!

17. Sep 8, 2016 at 6:00 AM
    LocoLocal

LocoLocal Aspiring Polymath

Member:
    39.081221472127545, -77.45538862919935
    Vehicle:
    Large American
    This program looks way too complicated. In my humble and relatively inexperienced opinion, 5x5 or starting strength is the way to go. I would do starting strength over 5x5. I have done both - I did starting strength when I first started lifting again, and I did 5x5 after that. Then I wanted to move on to 5/3/1, but have been sticking with a 5x5 type program. The simplicity and linear progression outlined in the SS program can't be beat. Gainz are inevitable. Now that you have me thinking about it, I may even revisit that program myself in the near future.

18. Sep 8, 2016 at 6:10 AM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    I haven't been to the gym since Friday and I hit the scales this morning and topped out at 162:pout:. I know it is all mental, but when I look in the mirror I can't even tell I lift:bananadead:.

Decided to take the week off to rest and mentally prepare for the Spartan Race on Saturday. Since I have no idea what to expect I wanted to be 100% fresh so I didn't have any excuse on missing any obstacles #teamnoburpees

I am about to go on a trail ride though for some cardio (and other pokemon reasons:anonymous:)...

And now I want waffles

and go Broncos

jk (not)

zacharypaul89 likes this.
  19. Sep 8, 2016 at 6:29 AM
    tacopaulo

tacopaulo Tanned

Member:
    First Name:
    Paulo
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    red truck
    Good luck on your race brah!

20. Sep 8, 2016 at 6:37 AM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    What are you in school for? I had something similar happen last night...I was exhausted from waking up at 6 to go to the gym and tried reading for school and didn't make it 3 pages before I fell asleep. Went to bed earlier last night and am full of energy today. It's taking a while forcing myself to go to bed an hour earlier.

Same thoughts, man. He tried to get me to do the Westside program and I looked at it and thought, "this is way too fucking intricate for me" and never did it. I do know it worked for him though.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

Products Discussed in

To Top