1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Official Gym & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Health' started by TyT, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Dec 28, 2016 at 7:48 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Trd Offroad
    [​IMG]

LVTheMadness11 and dwalden2 like this.
  2. Dec 28, 2016 at 7:49 AM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    I saw on SC where he weighed in at 240 yesterday! I know's he's 6'2", but 240 and below 10% bf is impressive.......if he's natty

3. Dec 28, 2016 at 8:05 AM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    I'd say he WAS when on an active roster.

zacharypaul89[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Dec 28, 2016 at 9:04 AM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Agreed. I remember his snaps back then and he was like 220. One doesn't simply gain 20 lbs of lean mass in a year...especially at 30-something years old

5. Dec 29, 2016 at 5:31 AM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Freakin insane leg day yesterday. I'm doing this Layne Norton program that is a mix of high weight strength days and higher reps hypertrophy days. Yesterday was heavy legs. There were some early resolutioners in there yesterday and I started to draw a small crowd on my squats...nice little ego boost.

squats: 3 sets of 5 @ 315
    hack squats: 2 sets of 6 @ 320
    leg extensions: 2 sets of 10 @ 50 lbs per leg
    still-legged deadlifts: 3 sets of 6 @ 275
    lying leg curls: 2 sets of 8 @ 45 lbs per leg
    leg press calve raises: 3 sets of 10 @ 330 w/ 6 sec pause @ peak
    seated calve raises: 2 sets of 10 @ 90 lbs

My legs are already sore.

KenpachiZaraki likes this.
  6. Dec 29, 2016 at 7:26 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    I've been on my own the past 2 mornings with the training group I've been volunteering with so I've low key been pushing my process on them. One of the guys had leg day today and he's been wanting to work on his depth but the main trainer was still pushing weight on him. I told him I'd help today. He has an issue with his right foot/leg where it is a little shorter and his heel doesn't sit flat so he has to wedge it with a small plate, especially with squats. I had him do bodyweight and he could barely get to parallel. After a few reps of that he got warmed up and I put 95 on the bar (a couple weeks ago the trainer had him doing 225 :bananadead:). I made him do pause squats for 2seconds at the bottom 4x4. He'd come up and put the bar up and say it felt like he was pushing 500#. He wasn't getting ATG but it was much better than his heavy weight reps last go at it. So much more effective than pushing ego and weight. I had him do some narrow stance front DB squats after that and he was actually able to get much lower. I told him next time with a bar we'd move his stance in.

KenpachiZaraki and zacharypaul89 like this.
  7. Dec 29, 2016 at 7:47 AM
    mightytacoman

mightytacoman Mighty-known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Vehicle:
    4.5L 1grfe
    Brian Crower stroker kit, Carrillo pistons moly/ceramic coated, BC sportsman rods, arp s2000 head bolts, Darton M.I.D sleeves, Kelford race cams, Magnusson supercharger, hp tuner tuned, 650cc flow matched fuel injectors, CSF radiator, Walbro 255 fuel pump. pulleyboys quick change pulley with 2.3", fpr mod, NST crank, water and alternator pullies, 160° mishimoto thermostat. Puma On-board air, Radflo CDC ext coilovers with 14" 700# springs, extended length rear Radflo shocks with CDC, Dakar leak pack, Brute Force Fab front bumper galvanized and powder coated, DTRL mod, yellow fogs, fog anytime mod, relocated rear differential breather, synthetic fluids, custom airbox, tundra sized intake. 76mm throttle body, secondary air filter removed, Airflow snorkel, 4x innovation sliders powder coated, URD equal length headers, DT y-pipe, Aero-Turbine 2525xl exhaust dumped over axle, seat belt chime disabled, Warn 8000i winch, 1- 20" slim light bar in grill, 42" curved roof light both with custom brackets. Mesh grill, Brute Force Fab rear bumper with extra reverse lights, u bolt flip kit, SS extended brake lines, hockey puck bump stop extension, AT shackle flip kit, Light Racing UCA's, 4crawler 1.5" bodylift. custom built front and mid skid plates, re-geared to 4.56s, windows tinted 25%, Sony stereo, 8" skar sub-woofer, 1000 watt mono amp, retrofit headlights with legal demon eye, Kryptek Marathon seat covers. North Star agm 27f battery, Helo 791 rims, 315/75/r16 Mt/r ARB front air locker
    Christmas eve at the new gym in Pensacola FL. I go into the gym and I see the squat rack has 6 plates per side of the yoke bar. (585) I figure somebody is doing partials. Anyways long story short. The guy is doing full depth squats with it for sets of 5!!! Claimed his 3 lift is 2088! one of the top 5 (he claimed) powerlifters in the nation at 275#s. Made me look like a bitch with my 500# squats singles :oops:. humbling to say the least but motivating to see someone move that weight so easily.

theredofshaw likes this.
  8. Dec 29, 2016 at 7:52 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Never heard it called a yoke bar before but I want one of those! My gym is too cheap to get new stuff but once I figure out my business I'll have one for my rack

9. Dec 29, 2016 at 7:53 AM
    mightytacoman

mightytacoman Mighty-known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Vehicle:
    4.5L 1grfe
    Brian Crower stroker kit, Carrillo pistons moly/ceramic coated, BC sportsman rods, arp s2000 head bolts, Darton M.I.D sleeves, Kelford race cams, Magnusson supercharger, hp tuner tuned, 650cc flow matched fuel injectors, CSF radiator, Walbro 255 fuel pump. pulleyboys quick change pulley with 2.3", fpr mod, NST crank, water and alternator pullies, 160° mishimoto thermostat. Puma On-board air, Radflo CDC ext coilovers with 14" 700# springs, extended length rear Radflo shocks with CDC, Dakar leak pack, Brute Force Fab front bumper galvanized and powder coated, DTRL mod, yellow fogs, fog anytime mod, relocated rear differential breather, synthetic fluids, custom airbox, tundra sized intake. 76mm throttle body, secondary air filter removed, Airflow snorkel, 4x innovation sliders powder coated, URD equal length headers, DT y-pipe, Aero-Turbine 2525xl exhaust dumped over axle, seat belt chime disabled, Warn 8000i winch, 1- 20" slim light bar in grill, 42" curved roof light both with custom brackets. Mesh grill, Brute Force Fab rear bumper with extra reverse lights, u bolt flip kit, SS extended brake lines, hockey puck bump stop extension, AT shackle flip kit, Light Racing UCA's, 4crawler 1.5" bodylift. custom built front and mid skid plates, re-geared to 4.56s, windows tinted 25%, Sony stereo, 8" skar sub-woofer, 1000 watt mono amp, retrofit headlights with legal demon eye, Kryptek Marathon seat covers. North Star agm 27f battery, Helo 791 rims, 315/75/r16 Mt/r ARB front air locker
    what do you call it then??

10. Dec 29, 2016 at 7:59 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Safety squat bar :notsure:

mightytacoman[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Dec 30, 2016 at 6:24 AM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Back/shoulders hypertrophy day last night:

Bent over or Pendlay rows: 6 sets of 3 reps w/ 90 lb dumbbells

T-bar rows: 3 sets of 8

Seated cable row w/ v-grip: 3 sets of 10 reps

Shrugs bracing upper body against an incline bench: 2 sets of 15 reps

Close grip pulldowns: 2 sets of 15

Seated dumbbell presses: 3 sets of 10

Upright rows: 2 sets of 15 reps

Side lateral raises with dumbbells: 3 sets of 20 reps

I LOOOVE this new workout. I'm getting sore from everything. My quads are on fire from heavy leg day Wed.

Flying to NYC with the wife this afternoon and I hit up Steve Weatherford on Instagram to get a workout in, but he's in AZ for the weekend :pout: (yes, he actually replied!). Maybe he'll come back in time for me to stalk him out and do Armageddon. Goal in NYC is to go to a gym at least once and to not eat like complete shit.

12. Dec 30, 2016 at 6:26 AM
    zacharypaul89

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
  13. Dec 30, 2016 at 10:19 AM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
  14. Dec 30, 2016 at 10:31 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I don't think a spotter can stop that. If the bar falls out of your grip they aren't going to be able to react and unless it was the Incredible Hulk they won't be able to catch the bar before it crushes your sternum or throat. All they can do is help get the weight off you after the damage is done :notsure:

15. Dec 30, 2016 at 10:45 AM
    tacopaulo

tacopaulo Tanned

Member:
    First Name:
    Paulo
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    red truck
  16. Dec 30, 2016 at 11:20 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition

17. Dec 31, 2016 at 4:03 AM
    2GSPointers

2GSPointers Not a well-known member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Bradford, PA
    Vehicle:
    In between
    I think I'm going to start the new tradition of maxing out towards Christmas/new year. With all the dirty food I've been eating, I hit 3 PR's this week alone haha.

I ran into a buddy at the gym over break and he trains for powerlifting meets out near Cincinnati, OH. He said he thinks mobility is 75% of gaining strength...not just lifting day in and day out. I've read that stretching is supposed to increase your strength, but he showed me some specific hip flexor and shoulder stretches with bands. I just started doing them a couple times per week. I'll see how my lifts progress.

18. Dec 31, 2016 at 6:12 AM
    LVTheMadness11

LVTheMadness11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shari
    Woodstock, GA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 TRD Sport DCLB
    3" Lift, 18" Wheels, 33" tires
    Well I'll consider yesterday my leg day haha. New Apartment on the 3rd floor... only a bad idea on move in day.... and after a legit leg day workout haha. Luckily I hired two guys to help me so I didn't have to do it all.

Yesterday's workout: a shit ton of stairs lol

dwalden2 and theredofshaw like this.
  19. Dec 31, 2016 at 6:40 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Stretching post workout is a must, it gives your muscles room to grow

2GSPointers[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Dec 31, 2016 at 6:41 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Welcome to the east coast :wave:

Products Discussed in

To Top