1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Official Gym & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Health' started by TyT, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jul 14, 2017 at 8:50 PM
    uhplifted

uhplifted Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    See sig
    What's the website you use for protein, I think you left that out haha. As far as caffeine I don't mind it, as long as I don't take it after 12pm. I'm trying to switch my workouts back to 7am, so caffeine is definitely a plus to get me through the workout and work day. Probably gonna make my own though. for 250g of the two things @ThunderCookies mentioned it was like 20-25 bucks.

ThunderCookies likes this.
  2. Jul 14, 2017 at 8:56 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    Underdog
    iPad mini 2 w/ retina in dash, Alpine amp and subs, avs window visors, 3" omelift with bastard pack, full synthetic fluid swap, 15% tint all over, debadged all the way around.,two cree led pods near windshield,50'' up top, and pods in lower bumper , Katzkins grey and barracuda red leather interior all around. Wrangler MTR's 35" . American out law buckshot 16x9. Bruteforce Fab rear bumper. SOS concepts front bumper. Engo 10000s winch And a bunch of other money tied up in it,
    https://m.us.myprotein.com/home.dept

3. Jul 14, 2017 at 9:05 PM
    uhplifted

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    See sig
  4. Jul 15, 2017 at 7:12 AM
    Newlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    Underdog
    iPad mini 2 w/ retina in dash, Alpine amp and subs, avs window visors, 3" omelift with bastard pack, full synthetic fluid swap, 15% tint all over, debadged all the way around.,two cree led pods near windshield,50'' up top, and pods in lower bumper , Katzkins grey and barracuda red leather interior all around. Wrangler MTR's 35" . American out law buckshot 16x9. Bruteforce Fab rear bumper. SOS concepts front bumper. Engo 10000s winch And a bunch of other money tied up in it,
    What kind of flavor do you like. I personally have had every single one of there's

Here's my top 5 list

1. Mocha (simply great)
    2. Cinnamon roll (mixes will with anything)
    3. Salted caramel ( do you really need a reason)
    4. Banana (tastes like banana lady taffy)
    5. Strawberry ( great in oats or muffins or with yogurt for a sweet desert)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  5. Jul 15, 2017 at 7:46 AM
    uhplifted

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    See sig
    I've only had chocolate (notvery good from any brand I've had) and strawberry. The strawberry I've got right now is pretty good but expensive as fuck. Your list sounds good minus banana

6. Jul 15, 2017 at 9:10 AM
    kickinboxes

kickinboxes Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicle:
    [2013] Tacoma T|X Baja
    TA KO2
    Spot on post brother it's exactly what most people don't want to admit, it takes WURK. A fully rounded diet (which means you have to research what you're eating and rotate it plus learn things like gut flora), a consistent disciplined routine (ex. run in the morning, do a sport in the afternoon like archery, lift weights in the evening and maybe even go on 15 minute walks after each meal) and an overall healthy lifestyle that promotes stress relief. 8 hours of sleep is also something people get too wrapped up in. To each their own, I feel groggy on 8 hours and used to convince myself that was right. Now I sleep 6.5-7 hours and purposely set alarms on weekends for just that and feel and perform way better. BCAA's are worth looking into but research has to be done. Most BCAA's you're familiar with aren't hydrophobic and that's a huge problem leading to them being overly processed. BCAA's should clump up and look relatively hydrophobic. They are to be used after, or sipped on during a very intense workout. I don't think people are trying to be nutritionists, for myself this has always been a field which has so much shenanigans and he says she says that for 7 years now I've thoroughly enjoyed reading, watching documentaries (dangerously agenda pushing) and reading studies. For anyone who isn't familiar with https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ definitely check it out. It takes getting used to but if you compare 3+ articles you'll more than likely find a good answer.

7. Jul 15, 2017 at 9:12 AM
    kickinboxes

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicle:
    [2013] Tacoma T|X Baja
    TA KO2
    VANILLA RASPBERRY from myprotein is the nectar of the gods do you understand me.

uhplifted likes this.
  8. Jul 15, 2017 at 10:00 AM
    Newlife

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    Underdog
    You can only do that one so long. I have 5lbs of it and hated it after the 1st lb

9. Jul 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 Your mom goes to college

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, BFG KM2 tires, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Went out and mourned the 30th birthday last night. Now I've got the whiskey shits and a headache and I'm going in to train legs

ABA180, LVTheMadness11 and uhplifted like this.
  10. Jul 15, 2017 at 11:20 AM
    kickinboxes

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicle:
    [2013] Tacoma T|X Baja
    TA KO2
    Do you have access to a hot sauna? Those feel good for detoxing on-top of you sweating balls thru leg day. 15-20mins is what I am for in sauna. Best of luck old fuck.

True, well I mean true probably for any flavor other than chocolate but not everyone makes a good chocolate. I've been sticking to Orgain Organic Vanilla & Chocolate (plant based pussy) and making smoothies after workouts. Way easier to enjoy it and the taste and you can mix shit up. I like berries w/ vanilla and stuff like oatmeal/banana/powedered peanut butter in the chocolate. I throw in a huge spoon of flax & hemp & chia seeds into every post workout / post run smoothie so about 2 a day. Seriously easy way to get in fiber and superfoods. Don't be scared to toss in oatmeal to smoothies too it gives it a great smooth flavor and texture.

Orgain > get it on Amazon, everyone else like sprouts for some reason doubles their price. $20/1lb

uhplifted likes this.
  11. Jul 15, 2017 at 11:48 AM
    uhplifted

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    See sig
    I love a good smoothie but I'm so damn lazy that's the last thing I want to do after a workout haha. I used to use milk for my protein shakes after but now I just use water cuz it's one less step haha. The strawberry I have is really good. Not an overpowering taste and goes down easy.

12. Jul 15, 2017 at 11:54 AM
    kickinboxes

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicle:
    [2013] Tacoma T|X Baja
    TA KO2
    My man get you some of these OXO Containers and store everything in the same spot. Buy a separate table spoon and leave it there. I have 1 cabinet that has my nutribullet and 2 smoothie cups, OXO containers with flax/chia/hemp/oatmeal/protein and my fig/raisin/walnut/pumpkin seed mix for oatmeal. Remember your 5P's, Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance make life a little easier on yourself. Work up front pays off, same reason I meal prep on weekends and wednesday nights.

Newlife, zacharypaul89 and uhplifted like this.
  13. Jul 15, 2017 at 12:47 PM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 Your mom goes to college

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, BFG KM2 tires, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    No sauna at this gym. Just hit the stair stepper for 15 mins pre training, 12 sets of 4 squats, leg press, extensions, hammy curls, calves, then 20 mins of stairs post training. I'm dead, but I feel better.

14. Jul 15, 2017 at 12:50 PM
    uhplifted

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    16 DCLB OR
    See sig
    I don't have one of them bullets. Also don't have space with my current living situation. Looking for a new job and apartment and I'll definitely be setting up something similar.

15. Jul 15, 2017 at 12:58 PM
    kickinboxes

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Vehicle:
    [2013] Tacoma T|X Baja
    TA KO2
    I feel your pain brother I'm in a 1bd 734sqft @ 1580/month it's stupid here I've been hanging stuff that can hang and creating shelves where possible too. Ikea's been great for the shelving super simple with drywall anchors. It took me 6 months living here getting frustrated with the lack of space for all my shiaat but I told myself the only limitation is my attitude towards it and suddenly shit started happening.

In times of need you can create a sauna with your bath water and a few towels to block off airways. You know, ole' highschool smoking at home stlye lol just, the adult way :frusty:

uhplifted likes this.
  16. Jul 16, 2017 at 9:24 PM
    SLO/TACO

SLO/TACO Boogie Chillin'

Member:
    Central Coast, California
    Vehicle:
    '16 TRD Off Road 4x4 a/T dcsb
    None yet...
    ??? Do you even lift?

17. Jul 16, 2017 at 9:25 PM
    SLO/TACO

SLO/TACO Boogie Chillin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None yet...
    Sammiches? Beer, meat, and potatoes to gain weight!

18. Jul 16, 2017 at 9:28 PM
    TXTaco13

TXTaco13 Taco Expert

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    DCSB TRD OFF ROAD 4x4
    Lifting? What's that?

19. Jul 16, 2017 at 9:28 PM
    SLO/TACO

SLO/TACO Boogie Chillin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None yet...
    163lbs!!! Monster status!!!

20. Jul 17, 2017 at 5:55 AM
    zacharypaul89

zacharypaul89 Eat right, be fit, die anyway

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD 4WD 3.4 V6 Supercharged w/ Locker
    Dafuq happened to this thread?! Multiquote inbound :crapstorm:

6'5" 175? Did you have to walk around with rocks in your pockets to keep the wind from blowing you away? Kidding. At that height, you're going to be eating at least 3000 calories a day (I'd guess even more) to gain weight. I'm 5'11'' and I have to eat around 3700 calories to put on mass, although I also weigh more than you lol.

^this. 99.9999999% of supplements are total bullshit or the returns are so minimal that they aren't worth it. Protein, creatine, caffeine.

Creatine monohydrate. Creapure is a good brand to look for. It's that German shit. That good shit.

[​IMG]

I agree. Food > supps

Meal prep is key. You seriously don't have time to make a pb&j? Not even the night before? I work full-time, attend law school, go to the gym 4-5 days a week, and still have time to prep 42 meals per week. It takes like 2 hrs per week to do. I've noticed not having that shit ready is when I slip, too. "No chicken to eat? Fuck, might as well heat up one of those corn dogs." Also, I try to keep food with me 100% of the time. For instance, Friday, the wife and I went to a concert. By the time we got out, I was starving. Luckily, I had a pre-made shake waiting in the car. I was talking about stopping by Krystal's or something, but I pounded that shake and it filled me up. Crisis averted. Prep is key.

Keto is retarded unless your body just hates carbs. Your brain runs on carbs...why the hell would you starve your brain of its fuel? However, low carb/keto does have its place in competition/photo shoot/weigh-in/etc...Carbs make you hold water. Going low/no carb can shed 10-20 lbs of water in like 10 days.

Jesus, do you rent a room on the top floor of the Bellagio?

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in this Thread

To Top