1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Official Gym & Fitness Thread

Discussion in 'Health' started by TyT, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jan 31, 2019 at 11:06 AM
    rngr

rngr Aix sponsa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 2.7L
    Not always on the same day of the week, but my weeks look pretty close to this during a peaking cycle

Day 1 - Oly, High bar back squat, squat accessories, conditioning

Day 2 - Bench, push accessories, gymnastics, conditioning

3 - Oly, low bar backsquat, squat accessories

4 - Active recovery - swim, bike, run, row, etc

5 - Deadlift, DL accessories, Bench, gymnastics, conditioning

6 - High bar backsquat, something fun (sleds, carries, walks, stones, etc), Then get a massive arm pump.

7 - Rest

I workout at 3:30 pm most days. If I don't get to the gym, I'm a total asshole. I need it for stress relief. Haha.

2. Jan 31, 2019 at 11:51 AM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    It started off as something to do so I could get a gf (because I was a skinny bitch), then it turned into a hobby and now it's become part of my life. My gf also works out with me (does her own workouts, we just go at same times) and she will be competing May 4th this year. Someday I may compete, but I need to continue building - just too small for my height.

3. Jan 31, 2019 at 12:10 PM
    PackCon

PackCon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    2017 Subaru Forester Limited
    Cardio for me is easier than lifting because I can just let my mind wander rather than have to focus to count my reps haha

I would not be able to survive a reasonable leg routine without foam rolling. Its painful at first but after feels great.

4. Jan 31, 2019 at 9:00 PM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Haven’t been able to squat since August. Had my last meet back in May and was coming off my “offseason” and beginning prep for either a late year meet or one first of this year (had a couple local ones to chose from). I remember having a strong day where I hit rep PRs on squat bench and deadlift but next time I got under the bar I got a bad pinch in my left hip. Best I could describe it was a “grab” as I went from the descend to the ascend. Nothing else I do or did could mimic the pain and no other lifts were an issue. I quit squatting until October and gave it another go and within the first few sets the pain came back so I took a break again and finally went to see an ortho in December. Got X-Rays and didn’t see anything so we did 4 weeks PT. Last day of PT (early Jan.) we loaded a bar and tried some squats. Pain was still there. Back to the ortho for an MRI. He found a slightly torn labrum and an impingement in the joint. Basically I have extra bone that causes my hip joint to not align correctly so when I squat the bones bang together. He said it’s a common injury he sees in weightlifters and football linemen. Met with a surgeon who is the team doctor for both the Carolina Hurricanes (hockey) and N.C. State Athletics (my local college) and am scheduled for surgery March 7. Pretty simple procedure. Goes in arthoscopically and shaves the bone down and repairs the tear. Bad news is I’m 6months our from being able to squat again. Good news is I’m on a stationary bike the day after surgery and back in the gym so at least it won’t keep me side lined too long.

TL;DR: bye bye leg gains it’s arm day everyday :muscleflexing:

Stay healthy boys!

ABA180, fleckosaurus and PackCon like this.
  5. Feb 1, 2019 at 1:42 AM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    Damn man! Sorry to hear that but sounds like you got a kick ass attitude about it all atleast !

That’s always been a concern for someone (like myself) who doesn’t work for a company that offers insurance. Like lifting is life but if I get hurt cause of lifting, I’m fucked :laugh: worth it tho!

6. Feb 1, 2019 at 2:06 AM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    Julian Smith is the reason I’m trying to work on my squat depth. It’s kinda hard going ass to grass and keeping everything in line. Did this with light weight. I don’t know how he doesn’t arch any once your ass gets below your knees a little.

049E8314-2249-411E-BBD0-43AEB723F1B6.jpg

7. Feb 1, 2019 at 2:53 AM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    Also sorry if I’m blowing y’all up or being annoying but I don’t have any fit friends or people to talk fitness with lol.

I want to start throwing in a day of outside lifting. Like the people that flip tractor tires and become more athletic than just big. I don’t know what the term is for that excersize soooo don’t know what to google.

Do any of y’all follow these types of athletes on IG ? If so, names? I’d like to become a well rounded body type. Not just a power lifter but not a marathon runner either.

Thanks!

8. Feb 1, 2019 at 3:10 AM
    DirtyTerp

DirtyTerp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Freeland, MD
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCSB MGM

@realworld_tactical and @jujimufu

LocoLocal and rngr like this.
  9. Feb 1, 2019 at 3:32 AM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    Followed. Thanks!

10. Feb 1, 2019 at 3:53 AM
    Supra TT

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Damn bro sorry to hear that. Injuries are common no matter how hard we try to be solid. Many years ago I had torn my L5 (mentioned it before) and well, squatting and dead-lifting have never been the same. 3 years later I still don't do much of it. It's the main reason I stopped power-lifting and went for body building. I did dead-lift 405 for 2 no belt on Tuesday though. Strength is/was always there, just can't handle the aftermath anymore. You'll be back at it before you know it. I believe in you :)

You aren't blowing us up, feels good to have this thread alive a little. Ever since Zach left, this thread isn't as happen-in. All good though, many of us here! We all share the common thing too - stay healthy and active.

ThunderCookies[QUOTED] and rngr like this.
  11. Feb 1, 2019 at 3:57 AM
    Matt3400

Matt3400 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Lexus GX470
    @Steficohen
    And two people I actually know/have worked out with.
    @ibbpro_lloydevans
    @bryce_tsa

12. Feb 1, 2019 at 4:02 AM
    Matt3400

Matt3400 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Lexus GX470
    I'm 41, my DL and squatting days ended two years ago when I blew my back out good enough to require surgery. The surgery worked and the pain for the most part is gone, but it's not worth the risk of re-injury to get back into it. These days it's all about circuits, cardio and staying flexible (maintaining core strength).

13. Feb 1, 2019 at 4:45 AM
    rngr

rngr Aix sponsa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 2.7L
    Guess I was never here for the "glory days" of this thread. Been dead ever since I started following it a few months ago. Maybe we should make an effort to post more interesting shit. Lift videos, nudes, etc. :notsure:

14. Feb 1, 2019 at 4:53 AM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    Transformations? Workouts? Money spent on supplements that’s way too much ?

58598A8E-F60E-4CC9-A740-2D3BCDA79797.jpg

15. Feb 1, 2019 at 5:06 AM
    Supra TT

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged on One Tons
    We need sports bra photos brought back....... hmmm I like this guy.

KenpachiZaraki and rngr[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Feb 1, 2019 at 5:12 AM
    PackCon

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    Good luck with surgery. Glad its something they can fix!
    I am doing P90X right now.
    A lot of body weight stuff. A lot of reps with super sets and not much rest time.

I really enjoy it. I have the old school DVD set but Beach Body is on demand now so with a monthly fee you can have access to all their stuff. Shawn T has a lot of good programs too.

P90X3 is more extreme shit like doing squats on the half balls and push ups while hand and feet are on medicine balls. It really stirs it up.

After my major foot surgery and rotator cuff surgery I got into powerlifting just to prove to myself I could go through those surgeries and not allow it to limit me like so many other people who use it as an excuse.
    Well I did it and now I’m kind of wanting to move over to something else.
    I love being lean and smallish (like Tony Horton in P90X). I don’t desire to be a large powerlifter or bodybuilder. I want it to be evident while looking at me I’m an athlete but not so heavy I can’t run worth a damn. I feel the same way you do.

Goals are functional strength. I want my efforts in the gym to translate to my daily life and hobbies.

Tire flipping is what its called lol
    John Cena does a lot of shit like that.

There is a lot you can do without a lot of equipment that will allow you to be strong but also build endurance.

If you have never done yoga... do it.
    Take your mat outside lol

17. Feb 1, 2019 at 5:28 AM
    weldertaco

weldertaco Mr.13%bodyfat

Member:
    texas
    Vehicle:
    TrailRunner
    4wd to 2wd conversion
    You’re crazy.

Lmao jk. I have different body goals so some of that stuff I’ll have to pass on but I am down to try out the foam rolling and yoga. Just don’t wanna be caught doing the yoga :anonymous: :p

18. Feb 1, 2019 at 5:43 AM
    PackCon

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Vehicle:
    Its hard AF.

I struggle more doing that than I have any of my lifts haha.

19. Feb 1, 2019 at 7:25 AM
    dan0mite

dan0mite #NOTNORM

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    d00kie
    Check The Build Thread
    Got mine in before the sun came up today. Squat PR day on Monday...
    IMG_7191.jpg

weldertaco and rngr like this.
  20. Feb 1, 2019 at 7:27 AM
    rngr

rngr Aix sponsa

Member:
    Vehicle:
    01 SR5 4x4 2.7L
    Probably can’t help with the sports bra pics but I’ll try to contribute some more interesting gym content. Haha.

Let’s make this thread not suck!

Products Discussed in

To Top