1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Official "The Grand Tour" Thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by se7enine, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Feb 10, 2023 at 4:20 PM
    Supra4x4

Supra4x4 IG: hash_brown55

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 DCLB 4X4 Long Travel'd
    Whole lotta stuff
    Apparently Clarkson is in a lot of trouble with Amazon over stuff he said about the royal family... Several outlets on youtube are speculating that they might let him go. Would hate to see it. I haven't seen clarkson's farm. But my Dad and I watched every season and special of topgear and the the grand tour. We are convinced it's the best humor you can find nowadays since everyone gets too offended for shows like the office to be made anymore.

TacoCat likes this.
  2. Feb 10, 2023 at 4:30 PM
    Rock Lobster

Rock Lobster Thread Derailer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dee Eff Dub
    Vehicle:
    Sport Crew represent
    Im not a huge fan of GT aside from a few really good moments. Still will watch, because those few good moments are reminiscent of the old TG.

Weird, I was just discussing this in the Netflix thread. I like the Farm series. It has fewer moments of him being a scripted gorilla (which everyone hates) and more moments of him playing the quiet idiot: where he steps back and lets the locals demonstrate how the ag life is a hardworking one. Those moments of genuine heartfelt humor (and of course the ever famous TG camerawork that can literally make a shitting cow into an artful masterpiece of cinematography) are what make the show.

I doubt that they will can him over comments about the royals. The majority of Amazon's audience is American and don't care.

TacoCat and Supra4x4[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Feb 10, 2023 at 9:11 PM
    rtzx9r

rtzx9r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bueller
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    LS1 swap with nitros.
    If Amazon is dumb enough to get rid of him, perhaps someone else will pick him up. Similar to when bbc fired him and Amazon came along.

cshrum likes this.
  4. Feb 11, 2023 at 9:42 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    They are getting rid of him. After Season 5 of Grand Tour, and Season 3 of Farm.

rtzx9r[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Feb 13, 2023 at 1:15 PM
    05Taco4x4

05Taco4x4 ToyotaHubs

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2TR-FE Enthusiast
    FJ Tcase, Manual Hubs, 2017 Head unit, Mirror Riser
    Their loss.
    I blew right through all eight episodes, wow the drama in that town and thank goodness I don't have to deal with their government (not that ours is much better).

6. Feb 13, 2023 at 7:48 PM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    Yeah, the farmers there in the UK are getting the shaft indeed.

TacoCat likes this.
  7. Feb 13, 2023 at 8:57 PM
    rtzx9r

rtzx9r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bueller
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    LS1 swap with nitros.
    Guess I’ll migrate to wherever he goes then. I prefer his style and judge of character.

VE7OSR[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Feb 15, 2023 at 7:04 AM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solution…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    Amazon was pretty wishywashy about it. Something like “we may not renew his contracts after all seasons of Farm and GT are complete.”

By then no one will remember, and no one really cares now. If he isn’t on Amazon in the future it will probably be because he doesn’t want to do it anymore rather than amazon not wanting him.

VE7OSR likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top