1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"The perfect balance" - too much lift or not enough room for tire

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Taco Luvr, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Apr 20, 2017 at 7:46 AM
    Taco Luvr

Taco Luvr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD 4X4 OR
    King Ext, TC UCA, 1.5 AAL, VTX Rogue SL, BFG KO2 285/75R16
    I am looking for advice from some of the tire fitment 'magicians' on here.

I am currently riding on 275/70r17's on my 2016 Tacoma. I like this tire size.

When I first purchased the truck, I jumped right into an OME setup with 885's thinking I would definitely want at least that much lift up front. Well, my feelings changed after about a year, feeling there was just way too much space in the wheel well. The truck looked like it 'skipped leg day,' as people like to say.

Because I now have a truck parts addiction, I have since put on extended King coilovers w/ Total Chaos UCA's and King rear shocks. (#119-EXT's and #121's).

This tire is not much larger than the 265's that come on the Tacoma TRD OR. I am really looking for minimal lift on the truck (I realize there will be some), but obviously don't want the tires completely stuffed either.

I have done the CMC and trimmed out almost all of the plastic in that area that would rub the tires. It still seems I am not able to lower the front quite as much as I would like. I am still around 2" of lift in the front.

Do any of you have pics of the amount of cutting and trimming you have done inside your wheels wells? I have no problem cutting, but also don't want to cut the wrong things! My luck I would put an angle grinder through the floor of the cab. lol

I have seen 295's on a guy's 2016 that were tucked in the wheel wells so snug it blew my mind. No idea how some of you guys are achieving this.

2. Jun 20, 2017 at 12:05 PM
    spencer2423

spencer2423 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    did you keep the stock rims for the 275/70/17 ? ... and if so, any rubbing on the UCAs? I have a 3" lift but want that tire size and keep stock rims

Products Discussed in

To Top