1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The quest for the right shocks...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Slednecks11Taco, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Jul 18, 2017 at 6:02 PM
    Slednecks11Taco

Slednecks11Taco [OP] Member

Member:
    Barrie Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic grey V6 6-speed
    Hey guys!

So long story short I bought a crappy spacer lift without doing my research when I first purchased my truck and it didn't take long to realize that that was a bad choice. Since I have upgraded to billy 5100's with Toytec coils and Light Racing control arms in the front and I just finished installing OME Dakars in the rear. At the moment I still have the extended length shocks which came with the spacer lift installed, but I would like to upgrade them Bilsteins or something similar to match the front struts. I live in Barrie Ontario, Canada so I will be purchasing from TDot Performance because the carry Bilstein and they ship for free, (shipping from the States to here is crazy!). Anyway, from what I've read I am under the impression that I will need the extended length Billy's to get the job done however I'm not sure what the measurements are for them so I'm not sure which shocks to order. Here is a link to TDot Performance's Bilstein webpage, (http://www.tdotperformance.ca/2009-toyota-tacoma-parts/brands/bilstein?pl=1&) if someone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome! Also, not opposed to OME, just not sure which model work best with the dakar springs.

DSC02009.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top