1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Relentless Fab lowdown thread: whats new, current builds, FAQ’s, etc.

Discussion in 'Relentless Fabrication' started by RelentlessFab, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Jun 25, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab [OP] Tacoma offroad armor fabricating beast Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Eastern side of the Sierras, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 4x4> 03 SR5 4x4 total> 14 Crewmax TRD
    Had tons on the Taco's.... new truck is pretty stock
    With how much has been going on in the shop lately there has been less time for me to be online/responding to PM’s and posts in my threads, so I thought a thread that gets updated every few days with current order build status’ and other info would be helpful. :cool:

To those that have waited longer than quoted for orders, thanks for the patience! We apologize for the delays and want to let you know that we're currently trying to get the lead times down in the future and working our very hardest to get you your armor in a timely fashion. One thing I will guarantee, once you get it and see the quality and attention put into it, you'll see why things take so long! :eek:

Whats new in the Relentless shop?
    2/10/15
    We're awaiting a new tube bender! This new piece of equipment is twice as fast as our old and much more accurate with repeatability of 1/10th of a degree. Once this is put into service in March we should be bending in style! We're also working on getting a tube roller setup for other custom bending tasks.

Check out our facebook page to 'like us' and stay up to date on whats new!
    http://www.facebook.com/RelentlessOffroadFabrication

Follow us on instagram and tag us with your Relentless armor! @relentlessfabrication #relentlessfabrication #relentlessfab

Here are some answers to FAQ’s regularly asked in PM’s:
    (will be updated constantly)

Q: How do I order a product?
    A. Orders can be done on our website, through PM here on TW, over the phone(775-200-0544 shop line), or through Email. An order is not submitted until payment/deposit is received; simply submitting a web-inquiry form or sending a single PM does not mean the order is placed, I must reply and figure out order details and get a deposit/payment.

Q: OK so I'm ready to order/ have a last question about a product/have an install question... and would like to contact you, how do I do so?
    A. you can simply PM me on the forum by clicking my username and submitting a message through the forum. Other methods would be to submit an inquiry through my website, or email me direct at relentlessfabrication[at]gmail.com or call the shop at 775-200-0544 (between 8am-5:00pm M-Fri PST).
    In most cases when trying to reach us on the shop line we won't be able to pick up at the moment so please just leave us a message and someone will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible. We're a small shop and usually only in the office an hour or 2 a day responding to messages/emails and printing shipping info for outgoing orders. The rest of the time we're busy in the shop fabricating which is quite loud and cannot hear the phone ringing.
    A message on our answering machine will get a response ASAP. If you leave a message and don't get a call back same or following day, please call again. Sometimes messages come through on our answering machine that are impossible to understand; maybe due to a poor cell phone signal or background noise and we cannot get a name/number out of the message to return the message. Returning calls to our customers is important to us, but we need to be givin the ability to call back with a name/number.

Q: What is the current lead time on a bumper order?
    A: Currently(10/15/14) it is approximately 5 +/- months. This time may go up or down while you wait; with the extra help in the shop things are looking up, but that would be the estimated timeframe for large armor items at the moment.

Sometimes things go as planned, and and sometimes they don’t (equipment failures, supplier issues, employee issues, etc).
    Lead times can vary! We ask that you, our valued customers, understand that we're a small customs shop and not a large mass-production type of shop and quality takes time. Often a customer may become unhappy that we don't pick up the phone at any given time to answer questions regarding an order however we're usually busy in the shop fabricating parts for those who've placed orders rather than answering the phone all day.

Q: Is there a lead time on other products as well? How about a CB bracket or hi-lift base? Or sliders?
    A: small parts such as CB antenna brackets and hi-lift bases are typically in-stock and ship within 1-5 business days.
    Rock sliders are subject to similar waits as bumpers, but may be a little shorter; approx 3-4mo +/-.

Skid plate order lead times are typically 1-4 weeks depending on which skids are ordered, how much other work is going on in the shop, and also how quickly the forming shop gets the plates back to me. Sometimes they get plates back in 1-2 days, sometimes its a week and a half.
    Powder coated products are subject to additional wait as well. We have another shop coat our parts and they're quite busy. Please allow a week on average for powder coating, sometimes a bit longer.

Q: Wow that lead time is pretty long! Can I just pay a little extra to get my armor sooner?
    A: Sorry, I cant do that. It would be unfair to the customers who have been patiently waiting for their bumpers and armor!

Q: What forms of payment do you accept?
    A: I can take paypal, or credit card(visa/MC/Discover) on orders placed via website, or I can arrange to take a credit card order over the phone if you do not have a paypal account or would like to put a build deposit down and not the entire payment.

Q: I want to order a bumper, how is payment done?
    A: Give us a call@ 775-200-0544 to place a deposit
    Typical payment format is 1/2 of the order total up front as build deposit, with remaining + shipping due when the armor is being built.

Q. I want to order a CB bracket/hilift base/bed bar/etc, how can I do so?
    A. You can order directly through my online store! :)

Q: I just sold my truck/just had an unexpected bill/changed my mind... can I cancel my order?
    A: Yes, orders of which the build process has not been started on can have the build deposit refunded, but please see my Policies/disclaimer form on our website for full details and conditions for refunds and returns. Cancellation/refund fees apply to most cancellations!
    With these fees I'm not trying to muscle you out of hard earned dollars with the fees, just covering the costs incurred on our end as cancellations are a burden on us. We get charged for paypal/credit card processing fees when you send us money and then order the materials for the parts ordered so a portion of your payment is instantly gone. It's hard to keep a massive inventory of parts/material on hand for a small business so cancellations for us carry more impact than they would with large companies. Thanks for understanding.

Finally, here is a list of the bumper orders that I currently have the parts for all cut in the shop and have been started to be built. (Please note that the list order may not exactly reflect the exact order in which they’re completed necessarily)

Current armor builds:
    (note that orders will not necessarily ship in the exact order on the list. Some may ship slightly out of order just due to fabrication processes being done in batches of similar parts to maximize flow around the shop.)

Builds:

1. Oran F- Front/Rear w/carrier (welded, finishing)
    2. Matt B.- Rear (welded, finishing)
    3. Greg C.- Front (welded, finishing)
    4. Todd P.- Rear (welded, finishing)
    5. Steve M.- Front (welded, finishing)
    6. Joseph G.- Rear (welded, finishing)
    7. David M.- Front (welded, finishing)
    8. Jeff B.- Front/rear (welded, finishing)
    9. John B.- rear (prepped, building soon)
    10. Reid B.- Front (prepped, building soon)
    11. Chris B.- front/rear (front prepped, building soon)(rear done/coated,waiting)
    12. Tom R.- Rear (prepped, building soon)
    13. Don H.- Rear (prepped, building soon)
    14. Tomasz C.- Rear (prepped, building soon)
    15. Will K.- Front (prepped, building soon)

All orders listed above, as well as some others such as rock slider orders, are in various fabrication stages but all have been started and will be finished/shipped shortly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    More to come soon!

OP list updated 7/27/15. If your name was on the build list and has been removed, your armor shipped recently! :)
    If your name is not on the list and you believe it should be, we may very well have already started on your order and it just hasn't made it here onto the list yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. Jun 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Longtime Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Silver State Edition
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s Click the sig pic to see the build thread .
    Great idea Eric.

3. Jun 26, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    wildmank99

wildmank99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Chicopee Mass
    Vehicle:
    08 sr5 4x4 3"lift with 33's and sounds
    Eric

How far down that list am I

kevin

4. Jun 26, 2012 at 5:59 PM
    Jonesn13

Jonesn13 Young Padawan

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 AC 4x4 6spd
    Some, Suspension and stuff, tires, maybeh some armor.
    :popcorn:

Oh, and added on Facebook.

5. Jun 26, 2012 at 6:11 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    :thumbsup:

Great idea

6. Jun 28, 2012 at 9:48 PM
    toyoteron

toyoteron Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Myles
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    08 Xtra Cab V6 4x4
    5100's, Eibach coils, 1.5 AAL, ARE bed topper.
    Great idea.

Congrats on expanding to the land of employees.

7. Jun 29, 2012 at 10:27 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    Got access to Renotacoma's truck this morning and ended up prototyping a few long over due items...

Hi-lift bed rail mounts for 05+ Tacomas, as well as corner tie down brackets. The tie down brackets tie the two bed rails together to add strength and rigidity for securing heavy items such as dirt bikes, yard care equipment, and construction equipment. A light, CB antenna, or whip flag could also be mounted to the single hole in the tie down brackets so they're multi-functional!

[​IMG]

DCLB no-drill bolt on slider plates were also completed, so no drill sliders are currently available for all 05+ Tacomas, except reg-cab's(but they'll be available in the future).

I'll have prices for everything figured out next week.

8. Jun 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    Bee22971

Bee22971 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD
    King 2.5 C/O, DSM UCAs, 2" AAL, and AllPro Sliders
  9. Jul 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    whereismymind

whereismymind Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 MGM D-cab
    Toytec Ultimate lift,Spidertrax spacers,Light Racing Control Arms,285/75/16 Duratrac's
    Sub'd

I have the JP corner brackets and was thinking a tubed light bar that mounted to them would be a good option.

10. Jul 7, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    interesting idea. Thanks for bringing that up

11. Jul 8, 2012 at 8:19 PM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    Aloha Eric, great idea, is it also possible to keep the full running wait list updated on this thread? For people like Kevin aka WildmanK99 and my self that are close to getting on the list but not there yet. That way everyone knows where they stand in line and don't have to contact you as much.

12. Jul 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    wildmank99

wildmank99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    Chicopee Mass
    Vehicle:
    that would be great if you could do that Eric

13. Jul 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    SoJersey

SoJersey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC Offroad
    to come soon
    whats the price on those corner tie downs?

14. Jul 10, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    I think they'll be $50+ $11 flat rate USPS shipping. Haven't completely set the price yet though. Have to double check costs

15. Jul 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    Finished the new DCLB bolt on sliders today! Now there are no-drill install sliders available for ACLB, DCSB, and DCLB Tacomas 2005 and newer!
    Check out this huge, beefy frame plate!
    [​IMG]

16. Jul 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat "Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    Nebraska/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    93 Pickup 4x4 [22R-E] 5MT
    OME suspension, LCE Performance parts, Konigs, etc. [see build]
    Sub'd sandwiches

17. Jul 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    Halo913

Halo913 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma sport 4x4
    Pro-comp full suspension 3 inch lift, Built right UCA's
    I say becareful when ordering from relentless (Eric) my sliders were not up to par

18. Jul 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    neonlazer

neonlazer Mechanically Goofy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeffrey
    Lafayette, LA
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB 4x4 SR5
    You haven't been around long have you...eric makes the strongest stuff around :) (he does use thicker steel than most do i believe in bumpers, etc)

You are making me want to trade my avid steps for bolt on sliders :)

19. Jul 12, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    NEWBIETACO

NEWBIETACO Im not like the other Crumbs, Im my own Crumb

Member:
    First Name:
    JAKE
    ROWLETT TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    12 TACO
    How are they not up to par? I have not yet got a pic of my hood light mounts, but no joke I would feel safe bolting it to the frame and using that as a tow point.

20. Jul 12, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    wut

To Top