1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The spark plugs on the trdparts4u.com

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bra, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Jun 3, 2015 at 7:10 PM
    bra

bra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
  2. Jun 4, 2015 at 12:52 AM
    bra

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    So if I understand, don't buy the one on trdparts4u? You know where I can find the ones that are recommended on the technical chat?

3. Jun 4, 2015 at 6:28 AM
    Lester Lugnut

Lester Lugnut Well-Known Member

Member:
    N of Mex-S of Canada-E of LA-W of NC
    Vehicle:
    '15 Tacoma PreRunner V6 SR5 Auto
    I believe you are talking about the plugs in the owners manual - Denso K20HR-U11. If so, they are at any Toyota dealership. It's possible you could also source them from mass marketers like O'Reilley's/Auto Zone/etc.

This may not apply to Denso plugs used on 2nd Gen Tacoma's, but I'll bring it up anyway. Some years back I replaced the spark plugs on a 4 cyl Accord with the OEM part # acquired from a mass marketer place like the ones mentioned above. Looked identical to original plug - same part #.

Unfortunately - there was a difference. The terminal(top of plug) on the MacParts plugs had terminals that would screw on and off. Not unusual on some plugs. The dealer plugs had terminals that were affixed. One of the MacParts plugs had a terminal unscrew itself from engine vibration. Plug wire came off at a stop light.

If not sourced from a dealer, check the terminal end of the plugs and ensure they don't have this problem.

And regarding the NGK plugs mentioned in the owners manual...there would be no problem running these either. Part # LFR6C11. I've used both NGK and Denso in many Asian vehicles. I've never been able to detect a difference in performance.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    bra[OP] likes this.
  4. Jun 4, 2015 at 1:11 PM
    bra

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Thanks,

Seriously, your advice just arrive at the good moment because I had a shop which sell the same model denso as the original but I prefered to buy it from toyota, I want the real original one.

Products Discussed in

To Top