1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thiking of pulling the trigger on a 2012 Tacoma...

Discussion in 'New Members' started by zonian, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jun 9, 2012 at 7:58 PM
    zonian

zonian [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Knee Deep in the Hoopla.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4X4 - Pyrite Mica
    Raptor 4" Black Oval Nerf Bars, Hard-Wired Uniden RD9XL Radar Detector, Anytime Fog Light Mod, 12V Power outlet in Bed, Tailgate Anti-theft Mod, Distinct Offroad lightbar, 2 Hella Micro FF Driving Lights, 2 Hella Micro FF Fog Lights, Rear Slider Window Opener
    ...what should I be aware of?

Hello all...looking at a 4X4 Quad Cab V-6 with options: FE ( Federal emosion ), EJ ( Navigation with Entune ), PY ( TRD sport extra value pkg ), RL ( Daytime running lights ), TO ( V6 Tow Pkg ), And CT ( All weather mats.

Just wondering if there are any surprises lurking in my future or if there are any other recommended options????

Thanks in advance...

Paul

2. Jun 9, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    Cypherian

Cypherian Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mid Atlantic Region
    Hey,

Welcome to TW Beware of the MOD bug it bites your wallet and won't let go.. That said I don't own a 2012 so not sure of what things to really look for but I see you are getting the TRD Sport Package if you your planing on wheeling alot you may want to consider the TRD Off Road package vs the sport. The same comes with the off road vs the sport except the hood scoop and the 17 inch alum rims unless that has changed for 2012. The Off Road version has a E Locker rear end the sport doesn't again unless that changed for 2012. Other then that look at the 2nd Gen threads you will see some common mods that I don't believe have been addressed by toyota on any year model.

Cypher

3. Jun 9, 2012 at 8:18 PM
    dimduk

dimduk Life is a one way trip,enjoy it.

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    minnesota
    Vehicle:
    baja
    Two months after you buy it Toyota will debut the 2013 model and it will be slightly better and a thousand dollars more yet it will have an option you really wanted but wasn't offered on the 2012.

4. Jun 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM
    KCMaverick

KCMaverick Member

Member:
    i got mine a week ago and i'm still smiling like a loon. Go for it, you'll enjoy it no matter what you get. One Warning though, i've been having some difficulty with glare making my entune a little difficult to read in the afternoons. But i'm sure a quick trip to a window tint shop will fix most of that problem :)

5. Jun 10, 2012 at 8:33 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Welcome to TW.

Frank

6. Jun 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Welcome from GA. Just do your homework and have a good idea of what a fair price is going in. Toyota stealerships are more difficult to negotiate than most others imo. They do have a college grad program that gives an additional 1k off from Toyota if you are a recent grad and if they are still doing that. Good luck1!

7. Jun 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    cookee62

cookee62 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Mary, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL Cab
    URD SS, URD Y-Pipe, DTLT Headers, 3" URD Cat Back, Fox 2.5 CO, TC UCA, Fox Rear Resi, SS brake Lines, All pro 1.5" leafs, Halo Projector Headlights, WE Bead-lock Rims, 33 BFG AT, No Sway Bar
    Bro I just saw your video holy crap!! Glad you made it threw alright and all in all amazed that your Tacoma kept the passengers like you self safe. you can always by a new Taco. It actually handled the impact pretty well. Glad to see you alive.

8. Jun 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    stowayman

stowayman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Monterey, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD O/R - Debadged
    Kenwood DNX9980HD Nav - BT - Sirius - backup camera, Weathertech digifits, maglite mod, 14" billet antenna
    Go for the off-road pkg w/ the elocker if you plan on driving in snow or mud... You'll be glad you did.

9. Jun 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    michaelhorn

michaelhorn Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    V6 DCLB
    Day One - Tonneau Cover Day Two - Weather Shield Floor Mats
    I've had mine a week, i love it! Had plenty of other makes, time will tell, But true beware of the farkle bug.

10. Jun 11, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    michaelhorn

michaelhorn Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Central Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    V6 DCLB
    Day One - Tonneau Cover Day Two - Weather Shield Floor Mats
    I've had mine two weeks, i love it! Had plenty of other makes, time will tell, But true beware of the farkle bug.

11. Jun 11, 2012 at 8:54 PM
    Willman

Willman Sierra Expeditions

Member:
    Do it!

You will be glad you did....

Get the base model and get ARB lockers F & R instead....Beefer that way

;)

12. Jun 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    zonian

zonian [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Knee Deep in the Hoopla.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4X4 - Pyrite Mica
    Raptor 4" Black Oval Nerf Bars, Hard-Wired Uniden RD9XL Radar Detector, Anytime Fog Light Mod, 12V Power outlet in Bed, Tailgate Anti-theft Mod, Distinct Offroad lightbar, 2 Hella Micro FF Driving Lights, 2 Hella Micro FF Fog Lights, Rear Slider Window Opener
    Thanks for the warm welcomes all. OK, so I did it. Picked up the TRD Sport described in my first post. Not ignoring all of the advice to go with the TRD off-road, but I will not be off-roading that much...mostly will be highway miles in the midwest in all seasons, and also pulling a boat, so I thought the sport would be more appropriate. Anyway, 24 hrs and 490 miles later I am happy that I made the deal.

Paul

13. Jun 13, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    KCMaverick

KCMaverick Member

Member:
    Congrats!

Products Discussed in

To Top