1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Think before you turn..

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by OU812, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Dec 22, 2008 at 9:12 AM
    OU812

OU812 [OP] ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    The key!

It's that time of year again. We all go out and party. But before that take a few seconds to plan your evening. Most importantly your travel plans.

Take two seconds to decide if your going to drink and the consequences that result from doing so in relation to driving. DON'T DO IT! It's stupid, reckless, and careless. And it's illegal. You might think otherwise but your actions can affect somebody's life in a very profound manner not to mention your own.

Have the number to a cab company handy, stored in cell phone, palm, ipod, whatever. Hell write it on your hand if you have to.

Do the above but with a reputable tow company! Sounds nuts? Think again! You and your precious truck will get home safely. We all probably have full coverage insurance on our Tacomas. Most policies include towing at 2 tows per policy year. If you go this route be honest with the tow provider. "I'm too drunk to drive, please tow my car and me home". Most reputable tow companies will even give you a cut rate for this.

Merry Christmas everyone and BE SAFE!! :)

2. Dec 22, 2008 at 9:16 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    +1 I need to remember this!

3. Dec 22, 2008 at 9:23 AM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    we have something call operation red nose here well thats what it was called in ontario what it is here exactly i do not know. but basically its a service that used to start up a xmas and now seems to run every holiday. anyway you call this number someone will come by and drive doth you and your vehicle home for a donation i think minimum donation is like $10 its cheaper than a cab in most cases and your vehicle gets home so you don't have to go look for it the next day.
    edit: oh and its all non profit all profit collected goes to charity

4. Dec 22, 2008 at 9:37 AM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    What a cool idea. And yeah everybody: for the love of God, please Dont drive drunk.

Products Discussed in

To Top