1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thinking about New Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by socko3161, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Aug 15, 2007 at 5:31 PM
    socko3161

socko3161 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So im looking into upgrading the speakers on my 07 Access Cab and I cant figure out which ones I want... I looked at crutchfield.com and looked into the ones that will fit into my truck, But where it gets confusing is which speakers are component and which are composite... I mean there is the little tweeter built into the doors so does that mean it goes with the front speakers or the back... Or do all the speakers work as one unit to produce the sound all together, because they sell one size for the front and one for the back but one comes with tweeters and some dont... Its sooo confusing

2. Aug 15, 2007 at 6:06 PM
    tacomach

tacomach New Member

Member:
    socko3161, I just installed a complete system from Crutchfield. What a fantastic improvement over the lame Toyota system, and all for just over $200! Yes, the catalog is very confusing; don't try to do it yourself. Call up Cruthfield tech support. The guy I got, Sonny, patiently spent time with me asking what kind of music I like, etc. and he made recommendations for a great system. He then e-mailed the description of the system to me. I spent some days researching the components on Cruthcfield's web site (very informative). The customer feedback on specific components was really helpful and because of it I changed the receiver from the original Alpine recommendation to a Pioneer. I'm a little unusual in that I have very high frequency accuity and I like to listen to classical music. The Kenwood speakers Sonny recommended are simply super, and he knew which ones fit my new '07 Access Cab. The "kit" from Crutchfield came with everything (cables, connectors, new dash face plate, adapters, instructions). During the installation twice I came upon questions. I called Crutchfield tech support and they immediately answered my questions. By the way I ordered my system late Wednesday night and Friday morning the box arrived at my door. Can't say enough good things about this Crutchfield transaction. Call them up; you have nothing to lose. Good luck.

3. Aug 15, 2007 at 6:44 PM
    socko3161

socko3161 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I actually just installed a pioneer head unit which I bought off of ebay but I got the wiring harness and the faceplate kit from crutchfield and I called them twice and they were very very helpful... What did you do about the tweeters in the doors, did you mess with them at all??? And did you install everything yourself???

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Aug 15, 2007 at 8:09 PM
    tacomach

tacomach New Member

Member:
    Yes, I did everything myself, and I left the tweeters alone. They do produce some sound but not nearly as much as the tweeter cones in the new Kenwoods. I'm satisfied with the result.

Products Discussed in

To Top