1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This has got to be the most badass truck I have ever seen!

Discussion in 'Tundras' started by 5 Steps, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Jun 17, 2022 at 7:45 AM
    clip

clip Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    15 OR
    pinstripes. lots of pinstripes.
    I'd wait a few years for supply chain issues to be resolved and new model bugs to be worked out. Have they addressed the wastegate and parking brake problems?

toku58 likes this.
  2. Jun 17, 2022 at 7:50 AM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    On a Rock in the middle of the Pacific
    Vehicle:
    Mall Crawler!
    21' TRD OffRoad 2" 887 OME on Bilstein 5100's. 285/70R17 General Grabbers G3 17x8.5" Icon TRD wheels (Gun metal gray) 4.75" BS
    That's probably what the new Tacoma will look like in 2024, or very similar to that.

5 Steps[OP] likes this.
  3. Jun 17, 2022 at 8:02 AM
    j-utah

j-utah Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I agree with you OP, the styling on these new Tundras is pretty baddass. I like the wheels in particular.

I wouldn’t drive it though. It’s not for me, I’d feel weird about it. The trend these days is aggressive styling. Cars are amped up and it never stops. If it continues, perhaps in a few more years trucks will literally be able to eat other trucks. We'll all be mad maxing it, but also have air bags, seat warmers, etc.

pastoreater and cgs2k2 like this.
  4. Jul 30, 2022 at 9:25 AM
    taysdad

taysdad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra SR
    The wheels and tires on that truck are sweet. I really like the looks with the black painted truck. Now it makes me question my choice of white for the Tundra.

5. Jul 30, 2022 at 9:26 AM
    taysdad

taysdad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra SR
    Yep - I couldn't agree more. I think Toyota has tipped their hand with the Tundra as to the new Tacoma design. Good bye leaf springs, we will miss you (or not).

6. Jul 30, 2023 at 3:23 PM
    TheReal_JonWick

TheReal_JonWick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR DCSB
    Love the new Tundra. Just sooo expensive!

7. Oct 9, 2023 at 2:38 PM
    4runnerToTacoma

4runnerToTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    23 SR5 V6 Taco, 03 SR5 V6 4runner
    Idk. Paying 70K+ in a truck that has no SUV level luxury inside.. Is towing as much as 50K F150 and has bunch of life hazard risk recalls doesn't sound like good idea to me. At least they should have put some extra stuff in interior. Its like Sequoia, its expensive but doesn't offer much, Toyota has only 1 Luxury Vehicle which has always been Land Cruiser, and price is justified because its Diesel 4x4 beast.

Besides the whole 1794 " homegrown" thing was cringe to me.. Like come on , you are Toyota. Japanese and very respected automaker for capability & reliability of trucks. Don't come out calling your truck Texas US homegrown lol. Especially when you are competing with Ford, Chevy, GM, Ram that ARE homegrown. I will never believe that Toyota made that commercial, it was purely US Toyota.

That's one more thing too. I feel like Tundra was totally taken over by US Toyota, no wonder why it has similar issues as GM, RAM, Ford , Chevy do lol.. Reliability going down while having less capability and is expensive. I don't think any country men will need leather sits to throw his

I am not sure how well these sell. Here near me in all 3 dealers, those platinum non sense Tundra's are sitting there, ain't nobody buying them. All other trims are gone instant.

Just my two words.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    j-utah likes this.
To Top