1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This will be my first Toyota - have not bought a car in almost 10 years

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Gutt Pile, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Sep 5, 2015 at 8:54 AM
    Gutt Pile

Gutt Pile [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blazing Blue TRD Offroad
    I never remembered them being such slimeballs when buying my Subaru or my Hondas? They either don't have any info at all or are hard sale D-bags. I have one who is trying to get me to drop my current deal to shave $500 off but then he is charging full doc fees allowed by law and being pushy. You don't push people into dropping $40K in an economy with the lowest labor participation rate in 40 years. Tesla can't destroy this business model fast enough. The slimeball seems to think there won't be any rusting in the lots this spring and that prices will be high forever. I remember the same speech from the retarded realtors when home shopping in late 2007. People never learn.

ZachMX and because_wumbo-truck like this.
  2. Sep 5, 2015 at 8:58 AM
    mike2810

mike2810 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona - Rim Country
    Vehicle:
    had 06 Sport 4x4 , now 2016 Nissan Pro 4x
    Then don't use that dealership.

cheehab likes this.
  3. Sep 5, 2015 at 9:03 AM
    Gutt Pile

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I'm not. Just wondering if this is just how it is with Toyota dealers. Not in the business of treating my customers like this so It's new/unique to me. Almost shocking these places are in business with such shitty practices and attitudes towards people ready to throw down 40 grand.

4. Sep 5, 2015 at 9:11 AM
    mike2810

mike2810 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona - Rim Country
    Vehicle:
    had 06 Sport 4x4 , now 2016 Nissan Pro 4x
    There are good dealers and there are bad ones. Just like any business. Try dealing with a dealership via the internet for a price.
    Try a car buying service through credit unions, AARP, USAA, Costco, etc.

Good luck.

Lord Helmet likes this.
  5. Sep 5, 2015 at 9:18 AM
    TRDPro4x4

TRDPro4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Don't give them your business.. move on. Let the slugs starve. There are better dealerships/sales people out there.

6. Sep 5, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    Gutt Pile

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lolz. The dealer I'm talking about just emailed me to find another dealer and that they won't be accepting my business in the future.I'm so upset. Lolz. Is this normal to be "banned". I didn't even get a chance to take a shit on his desk.

"you were extremely condescending and overly arrogant towards me. I don't want/need that in my life so I am removing our store from your process. Good luck. "

because_wumbo-truck likes this.
  7. Sep 5, 2015 at 10:04 AM
    -dustin

-dustin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    2020SWDCSBTRDPROFTW
    Wow. Out-assholed the assholes. That's impressive, sir!

I've never sat with a dealership that wasn't a hard sell. Typically it comes down to how the salesperson acts.

8. Sep 5, 2015 at 10:05 AM
    swimmer

swimmer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRDORAC4WD
    Honestly OP, from your previous posts you sound difficult to deal with. Probably best parties to go their separate ways.

cheehab, mikedege and ODNAREM like this.
  9. Sep 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM
    Gutt Pile

Member:
    Vehicle:
    His issue was that I was armed. I had multiple quotes and invoice details thanks to you guys and was open to him that even if i take his deal I need time to unravel the existing deal. He wanted it NOW!!!! And I responded that I don't have to do anything now and I take spending $40K very seriously. I went on about the economy and how his idea of the price being high forever does not tie with reality and that we have not yet had true price discovery. Perhaps It was this that set him off. In effect i was talking to him like he was an idiot. I will post the full thread when I clean up my PI. Dude also called me out of the blue on my cell phone with his caller id blocked.

10. Sep 5, 2015 at 10:12 AM
    Gutt Pile

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nope. Just not someone who wants to bend over. Maybe some people like to rain money down and expect nothing in return? If I put an order in for something that expensive I expect the dealer to be responsive , not pushy and to provide more information on the transaction than a message board. Its not unrealistic and in fact if more people treated the dealers the way I have they would likely not be quite as shitty to their customers. I've heard stories of people being yelled at by these guys. The only way another man is going to yell at me is if i just cut his balls off.

11. Sep 5, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    Purchasing a vehicle is like your 1st step towards purchasing a house someday!If you get involved with the wrong sales person you're going to get squeezed(ripped off).If you don't want to deal with particular representative than don't because they may not want to deal with you either!Good luck!

12. Sep 5, 2015 at 10:41 PM
    Z50king

Z50king DCLBOR4X4FTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB Off Road 4x4 Super White
    Stock and loving it
    Where do you live? If you are in California, just start yelling, "I'm feeling very pressured! I can't handle this pressure! Stop pressuring me to sign these papers! Why are you pressuring me so much to sign these papers?!?!"

My dad was an expensive European sportbike salesman and I worked at the shop. I know I don't have to be hassled by these idiots and I know what good customer service looks like.

13. Sep 5, 2015 at 10:52 PM
    EatMyTacomaDust

EatMyTacomaDust Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 "Black Beauty" Baja DC 4x4
    ICON 3" LIFT, Console Vault, Tailgate Security Clamp MOD, SuperBumper Crash Attenuator, TRD Front Skid Plate, Wet Okoles - 1/2 Piped, Undercover SE Tonneau
    Sounds like your doing something right . . .

14. Sep 5, 2015 at 10:54 PM
    TSJESME

TSJESME Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Maui
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD SPORT A/C 4X4 M/T
    I would call him everyday, asking if he is ready to put you in that truck, for less money.

15. Sep 6, 2015 at 5:46 AM
    ZachMX

ZachMX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 AC, 08 DCSB, 11 AC,15 DCLB, 16 DCLB,17 DCSB

Or do what I did to DCH Toyota in Freehold, NJ (which stands for happy customer. My ass it does) I sent them a picture of my signed invoice/papers and a picture of me and the salesman by the truck after they wouldn't play ball with my trade, truck msrp and then lied to me and dragged me in after lying again over the phone, should have known since its Jersey. He then sent some stupid condescending email back trying to justify his crappy customer service and why they couldn't make the same deal. Should I have let it go and not sent him a picture, sure, but after lying and wasting my time I felt it was just. I also utilize dealerrater and google to post reviews, each dealer got the honest review they deserved.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  16. Sep 6, 2015 at 6:20 AM
    tomwil

tomwil Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast USA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4x4
    Please tell us what dealership this was, so that we may avoid them also, in buying and service.

17. Sep 6, 2015 at 6:26 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    my dealings with all realtors is that they offer real good financing rates and tell you what a great bullet proof vehicle you bought. Then...they try and sell you the extended warranty because when these things break they say it is very expensive to repair. The last finance manager at the honda dealer really got irate when I told him I didn't want any of that extended care package.

18. Sep 6, 2015 at 6:43 AM
    Surfh2o

Surfh2o Well-Known Member

Member:
    When I bought my truck my dealer told me that THEY paid MSRP for the truck, which I knew was total BS. Yes a lot of Toyota dealerships are like this especially with a Tacoma because they know if you don't buy it somebody else will, my Rep actually said that. Those trucks won't be there in spring dude. They don't care about what you say about the economy. It makes sense to us/you but they don't care, they will still sell the trucks regardless. Remember, they don't really make an over abundance of Tacos. I worked on my sales rep off/on for about a month and finally got down to a number I liked. The base MSRP was around $28k and then with the TRD and other extras it put it at $33k. I got it for $30k and had them throw in undercoating. Negotiating with these people is a real PITA. You have to actually sit down and your rep will take your number back to his supervisor. I went back and forth like this. My rep would come back from the manager and say how about this. I would say nope, take it back. This happened probably 6 times before I felt like I actually got some sort of deal. Again, they don't like to move much off the price for a Taco. Heck my truck is a 2013 and still probably worth $30k. Just don't let them screw you too hard. If you can get a few thousand off then you're doing good. Don't expect them to move but so much cause they're not just going to give it away.

19. Sep 6, 2015 at 7:30 AM
    Gutt Pile

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Jerry's Toyota in Baltimore. They are renowned for sucking on the service end . Mixed on the sales side. Pricing is good but the slime you have to wade through isn't worth it and you will still get fucked somehow in the deal. Their yelp reviews are awful. Toyota really needs to clean house and think about purging shitty dealers.

tomwil[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Sep 6, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    Gutt Pile

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Turns out my boss had the same experience w these clowns. He's not allowed on premise.

Products Discussed in

To Top