1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on Blackvue DR900X Plus with LTE and battery backup?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by 22tacolimited, Jan 17, 2022.

1. Jan 17, 2022 at 5:59 AM
    22tacolimited

22tacolimited [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma Limited
    I am looking to get a nice dash cam and since this is the first experience want to do it right please.

looking at the DR900X Plus with both the LTE module and battery backup and need to know if this is a good option. I know it will cost me a ton.

Will get it professionally installed so I assume they will find good locations for the module and battery.

wanted to see if anyone has experience with this setup or similar and how it worked out

also I am hoping this won’t affect my warranty at all.

Thanks for the help. I am sure there is something I am forgetting to ask.

2. Jan 17, 2022 at 6:12 AM
    rnish

rnish Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Maryland (USA)
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2nd gen
    King's, Camburg UCA, Dirt King LCA, armor
    Not a Blackview owner but from my general dash camera experience: Get something with 4K video. Check the max card size. I run a 256 GB card and it can run for day(s) without wrapping. There are a lot of other bells and whistles that’s purely your preference.

3. Jan 17, 2022 at 6:16 AM
    22tacolimited

22tacolimited [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma Limited
    when I said bells and whistles I should have just said LTE module and battery.

do you happen to know if the built in LTE on the truck can be used or is that only accessible when truck is on and/or driving

4. Jan 17, 2022 at 12:21 PM
    2020SilverSky

2020SilverSky Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle. WA
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Off Road 4WD 6MT
    Im installing this camera and battery soon, have the parts just need to do it. I didn't get the LTE module as it blocks a chunk of the windshield and only works with one or two carriers. It's my understanding that the built in LTE only works with the ignition on, so you won't be able to have the camera system send you alerts in parking mode when the truck is parked and unattended. The Blackvue battery does have a USB port on it, if you have an old spare cell phone you should be able to set it as a hotspot and let the cams communicate through that instead of the built in Toyota system. That should allow for up to 24 hours of protection and alerts before the Blackvue battery needs recharging. The phone could be hidden pretty much anywhere out of sight.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022

Products Discussed in

To Top