1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on Colombia travel...

Discussion in 'Travel' started by motodude95, May 29, 2017.

1. May 29, 2017 at 11:19 AM
    motodude95

motodude95 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB, OME 886s, 33s
    So back in February, in the midst of exams and shitty Chicago weather, a few friends and I thought it would be a good idea to book a trip to Cartagena, Colombia. One of my buddies has family in Colombia but was born here in the US. We're a bunch of 22 year old college seniors, not too Hispanic looking but a couple of us can blend in.

We are leaving in a month and staying for two weeks. Got an Airbnb right on the beach for 30 bucks a night. Now every time I tell someone about this trip I get called crazy. Going to get kidnapped, drugged, killed, whatever. As far as the research I've done, if you go looking for trouble you will find it. But otherwise Cartagena is a pretty popular tourist destination where you will be fine as long as you don't go looking for shady things in shady places.

We're planning on doing a lot of sight seeing and laying around on the beaches. Nothing shady.

Anyone have experience traveling to Colombia or other parts of South America? Any advice on what to look out for?

2. May 29, 2017 at 11:23 AM
    tcjacado

tcjacado Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mesquitos, and sexually transmitted diseases!

motodude95[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 10, 2018 at 8:20 PM
    rtzx9r

rtzx9r Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bueller
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    LS1 swap with nitros.
    Several coworkers were born in Colombia. Looks like a beautiful country and they go back often. One of the ladies was kidnapped there when younger and had to escape. Just be careful, steer clear of trouble, and have fun.

4. Jan 31, 2018 at 5:57 PM
    02YotaGuy

02YotaGuy Guy With A Red 80 Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Springfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    94 FZJ80
    Bumper, Winch, 315s, Sliders, OME HD lift, Custom rear swingout, roof rack, drawers, way too much to list.
    I'm in Bogotá for 6 months. It's been great, even with working 5 days a week. Americans can live like kings here... things are super cheap. If anyone is coming to Bogota, I can give you suggestions for food and booze and a few things to do.

BassAckwards likes this.
To Top