1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

thoughts on this on board air setup

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kjf216, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Jan 6, 2010 at 10:50 PM
    kjf216

kjf216 [OP] Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Head unit, speakers, LEDs
    http://www.4x4wire.com/tech/portable_oba/

i was thinking of doing this on board air setup just i wanted to mount the compressor in either the bed side box on just under the bed and the tank under the truck any one try this with the same or similar compressor? my biggest worry is that the compressor wouldn't hold of to being exposed to the elements and or that its could short out and mess with my trucks electronics since i dont believe it was meant to be expose to the elements all the time. just need some some others thoughts. thanks everyone.

2. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:06 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    I'd keep it from getting wet best you can. Under the bed would be the worst spot for that. But in the bed cubbyholes you could fit it and make some kind of door to prevent rain from getting it. As for it shorting out and messin with your truck put in a circuit breaker thats only a couple amps above what its rated in series with the power wire. Always keep it open unless you need to use your compressor. That way even if it shorted while you use it only the breaker would pop and you'd have no damage to your truck:)

3. Jan 8, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    kjf216

kjf216 [OP] Fitz

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Ridley Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    Head unit, speakers, LEDs
    so i think im going to go with the slightly smaller model MF-1040 because i think it would best fit in the boxs in the bed. now my new problem i want a 2 gal tank and a pressure switch but idk what store would sell that stuff and i would really prefer to get it from a store not off the internet. i looked on like lowes and home depot site and didnt see them but that not saying i couldnt have missed them. i have to head to work now so i wont be able to get to homedepot to check my local store but anyone know of any stores that would carry parts for this type of project.

btw im in Ridley Park, PA 19078 if anyone in the area knows of a good local store

Products Discussed in

To Top