1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Thoughts on Wheel Offset..

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Apple X C0re, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Feb 25, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    Apple X C0re

Apple X C0re [OP] Atomic Punk

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Franklin, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    De-badged, MetalMiller grille emblem, brush guard, K&N Intake, Thrush tube, Black euro tail lights, Various scratches, Cobra 29LTD CB with custom echo board, 10" sony subwoofer with MTX amp, Black low-profile tool box, 5% tint all around.
    I'm looking to buy some 16x8 wheels, with a decent offset. I found that Rock Crawler Series 87s fit the style I like. Now the current wheels I have, are 16x7, 0mm offset, 4" backspace. The ones I'm looking at on 4wheelparts, are 16x8, -19mm offset, 3.75" backspace. From my calculations, the 16x8s will stick out 1.5 inches more on each side then my current 16x7s. But I'm a bit hesitant to buy them, cause to be honest my math sucks. :D I'm not sure if they'll be a major problem rubbing with no lift..

And I will be keeping my current tire size, which is 265/75/r16. Lift is planned later. Thanks for any advice :)

Products Discussed in

To Top